kalilac619 Posted July 23, 2015 Report Posted July 23, 2015 After 2 weeks of back and forth negotiations finally agreed on terms me and the wife liked and signed the rest of the papers and escrow officially closes Friday.....won't be doing anything Audio related for awhile Dang, I wish we'd have held out for a 3 car garage like that. My truck wouldn't ever fit in the garage so it would be a shop for me. But I do have a shop in the back yard in the house I got. Nice looking house, congrats! Thanks.....yeah that third car garage is definitely gonna be my shop,even has built ins and a work bench,can't wait to get it all setup 2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0 12 JBL Pro audo mids ,6 timpano audio tweets and 1 Prv compression horn per door 475ah of yin long LTOs Triple 370 Amp Autotech Alts mids amps 2 Crescendo Skyway 3ks compreesion horn amp crossfire 800.4 Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4 sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order Best Scores at events… 163.5@38hz DBdrag sealed on the dash… 164.3 outlaw…162.9 Meca headrest
Quiet Posted July 23, 2015 Report Posted July 23, 2015 I absolutely love them way tube amps sound to me nothing rivals that sound. What is that amp? I want to get one. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ADR2DTG/ref=sr_ph_1?m=A2XY3SNST25IU1&ie=UTF8&qid=1437621488&sr=1&keywords=bravo+audio 2007 Pacifica Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.
audiofanaticz Posted July 23, 2015 Report Posted July 23, 2015 shit, whats a box like that cost $1500? It really depends on what is done. That box has around 9 full sheets of MDF used, double layered around, 3 layer baffle, special corners for the radius of the exterior, 3rd interior layer for bracing and 45s all around, a metric ton of titebond3, 1.5 gallons of resin inside and out all sanded smooth, 5 coats of paint wet sanded between coats, and 3 coats of clear. iirc materials alone was pushing the $700 or $800 mark.
Quiet Posted July 23, 2015 Report Posted July 23, 2015 Okay I can get that, but I still think that it is a crutch for the circuit. As for the Xonar card, I have a Xonar D1 and I love it. I use the Dolby Headphone processing option and it fixes a lot of the spatial distortion issues you get by using headphones. It does however run at a lower bitrate when using it. I have a sansa fuse portable I flashed with rockbox firmware, does all sorts of cool shit now. One of the features lets each channel bleed a little into the other channel so it's not just a stark LEFT and RIGHT but the left channel has 20% of the right channel mixed in (or whatever you want) and vise versa. Can't find that feature anywhere else though, including in FooBar2000 :/ Love my Xonar DS. I wanna play with opamps but I haven't had the time. 2007 Pacifica Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.
79 cutty Posted July 24, 2015 Report Posted July 24, 2015 A little less "flashy" this time as there was no team decals put on, but picked up more materials to make some more boards for people. Really fun projects. Just wish the poly part didn't take so long to get so many coats on! Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking! You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it. "Black Pearl" Build Thread http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1
Quiet Posted July 25, 2015 Report Posted July 25, 2015 Picked up a 12AU7 tube on ebay for $8. This is an RCA clear top tube that came from an old church organ. Lets see if it's a little more airy and transparent than the cheap tube that came with my headphone amp. 2007 Pacifica Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.
memphisBred Posted July 25, 2015 Report Posted July 25, 2015 Cam came in for my 408 LQ9 SMD Super Seller/Buyer Audison----Hertz----Rainbow
mgameforever01 Posted July 26, 2015 Report Posted July 26, 2015 some of the first consumer avaliable air tanks of specality suspension's brand new smaller diameter
Miguels Posted July 26, 2015 Report Posted July 26, 2015 picked up 2 sets of infinity kappa tweeters for $100 my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.