PICS OF YOUR LATEST PURCHASE

I picked up this Alpine CDA-7894 for $48 @ Valu Pawn. 2002 Model. I have the XM module coming from Cali for $25. Just need the antenna, the Alpine AUX input adaptor, and a XM Radio subscription. $100 invested tops. Pretty clean unit.

IMAG1624_zpsxzz7uqwh.jpg

I will probably replace the Pioneer DEH-P960MP because it's so bulky with this one. I like the amber, matches the Bimmer better than the Awkward Pioneer blue. :D

IMAG1634_zpsfqhdhn5l.jpg

-Frank

These year alpines are my favorite, like the 9833 and 9835.

Wish I still had my old din and a half d855

Even some of the older ones back around the MD era looked awesome too!

Scored this for $33 at home depot

IMAG0058_zpsskbeypry.jpg

Then opened up the back because they ship them with batteries installed and I've heard horror stories...

IMAG0060_zpsggkgzgyi.jpg

Yep. I'll be taking it back. Sucks because it's the last one in the store and that's why it was so cheap (normally $75.00)

Its milwaukee, they have great warranty, over the counter exchange on their tools.

"These year alpines are my favorite, like the 9833 and 9835.

Wish I still had my old din and a half d855

Even some of the older ones back around the MD era looked awesome too!"

Still trying to figure out the numbering system Alpine uses. Though Alpine is made in China, the newer Alpine stuff looks very cheap compared to the older stuff. I know it doesn't have a USB, BT, or Pandora but who cares. It does have time alignment, and an EQ like the Pioneer.

-Frank

11887985_10153563584536880_4196616443600

Already got a crapload of stuff on order. Sinister EGR delete, upgraded oil cooler, and coolant filtration system, SCT Livewire TS with Innovative Diesel tunes, MBRP 4" turbo back exhaust and tip, Recon smoked cab lights, etc.

nice. love them 6.0's. have one just like it in my driveway for sale... not near as nice though lmao.

wish I could find a cclb FX4 with leather, and I'd join the club again forreal!

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

I had 2 wicked nice flasks. They where taken from the house when the better half left. I dug through what was left, and found a old silver tin cheap pile of shit. Halfed it with some rye, to go check out STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON. It leaked all down my leg before i got to the movie theater. Picked up a new one. Its not one to brag about, but, to just get the job done.

IMG_0007_zpsdpzkkzul.jpg

Fuji Absolute 1.3 Disc. Put down $250 down now and the shop ordered it, other $500 due when it gets here. Not cheap but it's fucking sweet. Free maintenance with this shop for as long as I own it.

_Q8W6083.jpg

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

Still trying to figure out the numbering system Alpine uses. Though Alpine is made in China, the newer Alpine stuff looks very cheap compared to the older stuff. I know it doesn't have a USB, BT, or Pandora but who cares. It does have time alignment, and an EQ like the Pioneer.

-Frank

The part was discontinued due to obvious reasons, but you can still find them on ebay. Its a AI Net to USB converter iirc and I know they make a AI Net to Ipod cord as well.

So those older decks without usb can still be used just as good today as some of the newer models ;)

Free maintenance is a good deal that's stuff can add up real quick.

We used to make a killing on tune ups when I worked in a bike shop.

Tune ups were $60 and usually took us 10-15 minutes unless the wheels needed truing.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Free maintenance is a good deal that's stuff can add up real quick.

We used to make a killing on tune ups when I worked in a bike shop.

Tune ups were $60 and usually took us 10-15 minutes unless the wheels needed truing.

Very true. Another shop I was looking at (sold mainly Raleigh) said tune ups were $75. What brands did your shop sell? I went with the Fuji because they seem to be pretty nice quality.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

Archived