PICS OF YOUR LATEST PURCHASE

I wouldn't worry about the law. You won't be bothered unless you have them aimed like an asshole and you'll definitely have nothing to worry about if you use projectors.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

Ive been meaning to try LED as well, but from the only real reputable company that sells HIDs and LEDs imo say that the LED is for fog light, drl, or highbeams and not recommended for low beams (even though they come in other bulb sizes such as 9006 low bulbs). So that makes me wonder if the led output or the beam they create is not up to par.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/led-lighting/led-bulbs/morimoto-xb-led-headlight-bulbs.html#.VmdQx-IbUuU

I wouldn't worry about the law. You won't be bothered unless you have them aimed like an asshole and you'll definitely have nothing to worry about if you use projectors.

I wasn't worried about the law until the Feds come in and threatened to confiscate our full inventory (not just HIDs) until a future court date if we continued selling HIDs. So I won't sell any of them again until I know for sure.

Static drops are my bag.

Wow that's just about ridiculous. If used properly they're very beneficial as far as safety goes. Theyou helped a lot with on this old road I used to frequent. I had close calls with my halogens people walking on the edge of a dark road. Just because some people don't install them properly, the same could be said for any other type of product on the market.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

Ive been meaning to try LED as well, but from the only real reputable company that sells HIDs and LEDs imo say that the LED is for fog light, drl, or highbeams and not recommended for low beams (even though they come in other bulb sizes such as 9006 low bulbs). So that makes me wonder if the led output or the beam they create is not up to par.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/led-lighting/led-bulbs/morimoto-xb-led-headlight-bulbs.html#.VmdQx-IbUuU

Those look nice. That statement about the low beams could be something they have to say in order to protect their asses. I'll look for a video review.

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

I run LED in my lows 6k and haven't been brighted once and my truck is also lifted and I didn't move them from my HIDs were aimed. I don't notice a single difference besides them being whiter my HIDs were 8k tho (previous owner) and no flicker or warm up time. But brightness is about the same maybe a tad less but I got flashed 3-4 times with the HIDs in a year and the LEDs have only been in about 2 months. I only switched because my driver side kept killing ballast. I paid around 180 shipped from ledheadlightpro.com I think

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

The difference really is the source point in the lamp. Incandescents use a precisely positioned filament. The reflectors in the headlamps assembly are precisely configured for light coming from this exact point. HIDs ignite a gas (think fluorescent) where the entire bulb becomes the source. This is why projectors are used... the source is larger and needs to be controlled more.

Good LED low beams have a point source closer to a filament than a gas tube.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Archived