Ascendant Audio SMD 18 and 11,000+ watts! UPDATED!

damn i might have to drive over and see this when its done!

please more pictures popcorn.gif

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

Dude can recone in his sleep LOL. My prediction is with that much space and tuned that low and that much over RMS it's gonna fry. It'll be loud as hell before doing so though. Definitely sounds like something I would like to watch though! Im tuned in!

LoL is that good or bad that I can do it in my sleep? LOL

The FS of the speaker is very low (29.7hz). So my tuning is very close to the woofers FS (not that it would of made me tune it differently if the FS was way higher)lol

The 11000 watts is a clamp test I did when I was pushing the mayhem 18s and doing 153.8db on a 32hz burp. I was able to keep impedance rise very low on that setup. This box Im not to sure about yet since its not playing. Lol

The specs on AA site are 4-7 cubed for the 18, Im around 7.8 after all displacements. Got a few things to do to take up a little more displacement but not sure how much since Im not sure how Im doing them yet. LOL

So box size is on the high side of AA Spec, but I really had no problems with larger boxes on my old mayhem 18s (granted that power was split into 2 woofers tho)

Here is a video of getting everything cleaned in the garage before building the box. Took this on wednesday night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urnVTaXoKrc

Video of the build progress is rendering now, and then being uploaded and may take a while to upload. So if someone sees the video, feel free to post it for me since Ill be working in the garage.

Dude can recone in his sleep LOL. My prediction is with that much space and tuned that low and that much over RMS it's gonna fry. It'll be loud as hell before doing so though. Definitely sounds like something I would like to watch though! Im tuned in!

LoL is that good or bad that I can do it in my sleep? LOL

The FS of the speaker is very low (29.7hz). So my tuning is very close to the woofers FS (not that it would of made me tune it differently if the FS was way higher)lol

The 11000 watts is a clamp test I did when I was pushing the mayhem 18s and doing 153.8db on a 32hz burp. I was able to keep impedance rise very low on that setup. This box Im not to sure about yet since its not playing. Lol

The specs on AA site are 4-7 cubed for the 18, Im around 7.8 after all displacements. Got a few things to do to take up a little more displacement but not sure how much since Im not sure how Im doing them yet. LOL

So box size is on the high side of AA Spec, but I really had no problems with larger boxes on my old mayhem 18s (granted that power was split into 2 woofers tho)

Here is a video of getting everything cleaned in the garage before building the box. Took this on wednesday night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urnVTaXoKrc

Video of the build progress is rendering now, and then being uploaded and may take a while to upload. So if someone sees the video, feel free to post it for me since Ill be working in the garage.

wow! the garage but has a huge improvement,espically when i was 1st there when u reconed my woofers... planing on keeping the dirt floors?? and hell yea let me know when she playing ill be up there so dam fast lol

CAR

-2005 Ford Mustang (Legand Lime)

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

2 AQ 3500d.1s strapped 1ohm daily .25burps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

maybe i should get a smd to run off my 9k at 18v at .5ohm, but again, SHIPPING YOU ASSHOLE lol

deff tuned in for this. gonna be sweet!

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

looks like your quite the box builder! :good:

03' NISSAN XTERRA

(1) AQ3500d

(1) AQ4x90

(1) Audio Control Line Driver

(4) DC LVL 4 15's

Cresendo Mids and Highs

100' of 0/guage

Big Three

Mechman 270a Charging @ 16.5v

(6) XS D1400's

Highest Termlab Score 149.9 at the kick & 166.1 in the Port/ on stock electrical and 1 DC XL M1

Updated JUNE 2012*****MY BUILD LOG

USACI REGION 6 POINTS LEADER 2011

USACI KANSAS RECORD HOLDER 2011

Team DC

dcletterhead.jpg

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/

looks like your quite the box builder! :good:

Naaahh he´s weak :peepwall:

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Archived