how difficult to do 150+?

SS4Luck

I hit 150.7 @ 47hz (at the kick or dash cant remember) with two eclipse titanium 15s in 7 cube box (3.5 per sub after displacements) powered by a single xtant 1000.1d had a the second largest stinger bat (at the time) under the hood with dual runs of 4 gauge to the amp. My volts were dropping to around 10-11 volts with a factory alt in a 96 grand cherokee. This was 6 years ago and wasnt metered on a TL so i dont know how accurate that reading might have been but thats what i hit with windows up a doors closed. 150s don't seem so hard to me since ive done it, im sure i got lucky, but i want to see if i could do it again with my current car.

It's like rubbing your wiener up against a sheep.

I hit 150.7 @ 47hz (at the kick or dash cant remember) with two eclipse titanium 15s in 7 cube box (3.5 per sub after displacements) powered by a single xtant 1000.1d had a the second largest stinger bat (at the time) under the hood with dual runs of 4 gauge to the amp. My volts were dropping to around 10-11 volts with a factory alt in a 96 grand cherokee. This was 6 years ago and wasnt metered on a TL so i dont know how accurate that reading might have been but thats what i hit with windows up a doors closed. 150s don't seem so hard to me since ive done it, im sure i got lucky, but i want to see if i could do it again with my current car.

The termlab is alot harder to do that on. your 150 on there could have been a 140 on a different meter. The difference is that big.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

The termlab is alot harder to do that on. your 150 on there could have been a 140 on a different meter. The difference is that big.

X2

6 years ago Termlabs still weren't that popular. The more popular mic was an audiocontrol spl160, which read about 8 db less than a TL. Even the spl190 from Audiocontrol read 5-6 db less than a Termlab.

150 is extremely easy if you have money...

you cant just throw money at things and expect a 150. Of course if you are going to pay someone to do it who knows what it takes it would be easy I guess.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I finally hit 150db mark on the term lab last year but it took me three years to get there. three different box's, testing and tuning, changing port sizes. Playing with the cabin of the vehicle. sound deadening and a whole lot more. it is definitely no easy task to do. You can see my build in my sig.

Not a termlab

spl labs meters within i think 1 db of term lab iirc, its damn accurate.

Within .1 in most cases from what I've seen/read/heard.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

I think this biggest problem I found out is you run in to this brick wall called "the law of diminishing returns".

sometime getting 0.1db extra can be a bitch

Archived