XD40 sub compact would be ideal imo. Great feel, very easy to conceal, 9rd and 12rd mags, extremely reliable. Glock makes great sub compacts, but they lack the personal feel the XD has imo. I've got big hands, XL gloves are a bit tight.

I like the FN five seven, but you don't need the 5x7 round for house protection lol. The judge would be great for house protection. There's a load with a few heavy pellets and plates in it, suppose to be super nasty, and it won't go through your walls and cause collateral damage.

The Hydroshocks fired from my xd40 sub compact, would easily go through 2x4s at close range. Its not terribly accurate though.

I wants a judge though :)

Smith and wesson m&p

glock

Springfield XD

FN FNP

Springfield SR9

are all some of the most affordable pistols on the market

Sigs are a little bit more.

h&k usp are as well.

the advice ill get you is to handle them and if possible fire them all. STay away from the 1911. its not a beginners gun.

Some other thigns to look at are do you plan on carrying it daily? if so you may want a subcompact or at least a compact. I cant imagine trying to conceal a full size pistol comfortably.

if you want when you find somethign you like post it up here. there are enough of us that can tell you what we all like and dislike about it. I think this is the only forum where people dont get butt hurt over brand preference. I guess because you have to be reasonably mature to carry a piece.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Hydroshocks are the bomb, and the 1911 is not a beginners gun. nor an easy gun to carry concealed. although my friend does carry his 1911 4.5" barrel concealed. But he has a lot of money to make modifications to it to make it easier to carry. He's had the grip modified and rounded to allow the shirt to not get snagged custom 1 off grips and oh yeah its a Kimber .45 1911 at that. very sweet gun and very pricey.

I hope you figure out what you want and also check out the gun laws in your state cause they vary a lot and make sure to read the whole law.

In Texas they have the Castle Law :peepwall:

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

I myself am looking to purchase my first handgun. The 1911 is a beautiful piece but like people have said not a beginners guns. I've fired my bro inlaws 40 glock and loved it. I've held a lot of guns and that one felt good In my hands. It was subcompact as well. And the judge is a nice gun as well. Just did not like how it felt. But I will eventually by a 1911.

SONY XAV-701HD
RF power 400.4 RF power 1000bd

3 Sundown x8's d2
2004 f150 single cab
2 sets of components MB quart 6.5 onx (2 tweets 2 6.5 perdoor)
stock batt up fron
BIG 3

http://www.stevemead...-vid-pg-11-922/

http://www.youtube.c.../TheBigmescan74

First thing you need to do for self defense is to find a caliber that you can shoot comfortably and accurately. A well placed .22 round is better than an inaccurate shot with a .45. I personally carry a Glock 27 .40 caliber as my everyday carry, but I keep a glock 34 9mm with a 17rd mag with flashlight mounted on the lower rail on my nightstand.

Glock is a good dependable brand that will go bang when you pull the trigger. If you want something a little more expensive with a few more bells and whistles, you can go for the Springfield XDm line.

You 2 guys above saying the 1911 isnt a beginners gun..Why is that? Is it because you have to carry it cocked and locked? It is no less safe than a glock, or a revolver for that matter. 1911's have a very redundant safety system... thumb safety must be off, and rear grip safety must be depressed fully before gun can fire. I own several 1911s. I am very proficient with them, and I see nothing wrong with gettin a 1911 as a first hand gun, if it is what you want to buy. Carrying a cocked and locked 1911 is no more dangerous than carrying any other gun. What isnt recomended, is carrying a pistol you are un-familiar with, regardless of make or model. If you have spent time familiarizing yourself with the safe operation of a 1911, you would be fine carrying it. Much like any other gun, dont carry it around and expect it to save your life if you dont know dick about it. 1911 is actually a great beginners gun, if you know what you are talking about. Most pistol shooters can pick up a 1911, and even if theyve never shot one, can hit with it as good or better than what they normally carry. A 1911 has great ergonomics, and can fit any sized hand because of the replaceable grip panels and the choice between flat, or arched mainspring housings.... along with having a very low bore axis, and being available in many different calibers, actually makes it a great platform to learn off of, not to mention the fact that the 1911 is hands down, no questions about it, the most readily customizable gun in the world. You can pick your grips, pick your sights, pick your barrel length(3,4,5,6 inch)and so on and so on... and have exactly what you need for the task you will be using it for, so tell me again why it isnt a good beginners gun? because it can be fit well to your hand, or because it points and shoots so well for many many people, or is it that its only a single stack mag? or is it the .45acp round?. I have found that about 90 percent of the gun guys who say "1911s are dangerous", "1911s arent a good gun for a noob", are typically guys who dont own a 1911, dont carry regularly, or just plain dont know what they are talking about. Sorry to have kinda made a rant there..but I really hate when people spread mis-information around.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

...And Kimbers aren't pricey 1911s. In the grand scheme of all things 1911, kimbers are merely run of the mill, Dont take that the wrong way, I love kimbers, and im not bashing them (they just arent expensive in 1911 land, hell I have a seriously modded Charles Daly that was like 5 bills new, and has had a grnad worth of aftermarket thrown into it, and its still a cheaper 1911)... You wanna talk pricey 1911s.... go look up Ed brown, Les Baer, Nighthawk, Christensen, SPW, etc.. those are pricey 1911s...Avg cost of above makers is 3 large and up. Those are pricey.

Edited by Bigsix

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO