Firefighters let house burn over $75 fee

it sucks, but personal responsibility comes into play.. they KNEW it, didnt pay it...

sucks, but the world is fucked up, and thats just how it is now... if you dont pay for services, you wont get services, nothing except air is free, and im sure they will figure a way to tax that too...

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Berto do you own a house? If not you should see all the shit they tack on to you. School tax local tax property tax state taxes county taxes. Id kill if one of those was only 75 bucks.

Not yet, but I've seen what bs taxes are tacked on.

I just completely disagree with the fire departments services being one of those extra fees.

Like I said in the first page, imagine if the other departments followed suit.

Police department - oh you're about to get murdered? Did you pay your feel?....No? Ooooh you better run really fast cuz we can't do our job and go protect you.

Paramedics - you just got ran over and have internal bleeding? Did you pay your fee....no? Ooooh I think the closest ER is about 10 miles away, try to hitch a ride there and hopefully you paid them their fee.

That wouldn't make sense now would it?

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

Damn they didnt have 75 dollars in there wallet? Damn they could afford a hotel room but not 75$

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

I see it on both sides, I was a volunteer fire fighter for a short time, no money, on call, used my own money to fund some of my gear. The station I was branched out of had very little funding, had modified POVs for fire trucks lol. But damn it, those men would give their life for any one. They damn sure wouldn't let someone's shit burn down over 75 bucks. The dumbasses should have paid the 75 bucks though, I do feel bad for them though. I know what its like losing everything. I was in Iraq when hurricane Katrina hit, the storage unit I had all my shit in was leveled. All that was left was a slab....

i understand the $75 a year for fire protection, the bottom line the fire trucks where there the fire should have been put out period just like if you get hurt its an emergency the hospital does not refuse service because you don't have insurance the same goes with fire protection i m sure after the community together could come up with the $75 . the fire department should be sued for not taking care of a dangerous fire it should have been put out , what do they do in a grass fire on the side of the county road do they put it out or ask for $75

Damn they didnt have 75 dollars in there wallet? Damn they could afford a hotel room but not 75$

Haha it's $1100 on the spot, if you haven't paid the annual $75.

Just think, if they put out the fire anyway and word got out, no one would pay up. These guys gotta eat too, but I do agree that the funding should probably be rolled into other funding like property tax like everyone else. Still they lived there and they knew what's up, they just didn't think it'd happen to them.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

I am in the Army, 14 years now. Imagine if they asked for a "fee" for us to protect you if some country invaded us. "Nope, let them cut this guys head off, he didn't pay his fee"...

Its not a "fee" its insurance. And buddy, government funding doesn't come out of thin air. I have a job, i pay taxes, there's your "fee".

Thank you for your service though, there's nothing i respect more.

Exactly. There shouldn't be a fee. There should be a tax! Most of us enjoy the fact that our police, military and fire departments aren't worried about "fees". Imagine if the police were privatized! A community where the firemen let a house burn is not one I would want to live in period. It makes me sick to think they just sat there and watched.

And I am stationed in NC, we pay freeking pet taxes! We are taxed to our noses but I pay them gladly knowing that we have basic protections covered.

I would've made sure everyone was ok and then watched it burn to the ground. Fire Department is not the right bill to skip payment on. Hell, I give them $10 everytime they come around the neighborhood which is like $40-50 a year by itself, not including what I donate at the downtown intersections. I rent so I have no idea how much goes to the FD, but I support them. They saved our house when I was really young and I've had a strong respect for them ever since. Pay the bill, at least now they have an extra $75 to wipe their tears up. Hopefully they didn't skip out on their homeowners insurance.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

the volunteer fire departments around here do coin collections. They stand their ass in the middle of an intersection with a bucket and people drop money in. They seem to stay funded. Although its 75 bucks. I sure as fuck would be paying htat if it was up to me.

Meh our taxes are pretty brutal, but city services rock. Here it's about $2 per $1000 est. value per month. When my folks lived in a TWP and their house was 3x more than my current home their taxes were less than what I pay... lol But then again, they were TWP so they didn't have any of their own police/fire/rescue. I can literally call the cops and while hanging up the phone hear the siren ;)

Not yet, but I've seen what bs taxes are tacked on.

I just completely disagree with the fire departments services being one of those extra fees.

Like I said in the first page, imagine if the other departments followed suit.

Police department - oh you're about to get murdered? Did you pay your feel?....No? Ooooh you better run really fast cuz we can't do our job and go protect you.

Paramedics - you just got ran over and have internal bleeding? Did you pay your fee....no? Ooooh I think the closest ER is about 10 miles away, try to hitch a ride there and hopefully you paid them their fee.

That wouldn't make sense now would it?

Their city doesn't have a fire department, they don't have fire service period unless you buy some just like your insurance won't pay for your house if you don't have insurance! You can't compare life threatening to your house burning down. Well, I mean you can, but it's apples and oranges :P

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Archived