Sonic Electronix

I currently have one SSD 15, I'll be getting another with tax-return. That said I'll have 2 1000rms subs (a lot of SMD-FU say that is underrated.

So which of these amps should I get?

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_22702_Hifonics-HFi2000D.html

or

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_32979_Hifonics-HFi3000D.html

One will give me 1000per sub, the other about 500rms head room.

Also, Is Hifonics a good company? I've only recently came off the mainstream, so I'm wondering if the people on here are fanbois or if it's a good company. Thanks!

Hifonics is good...the hfi line is SHIT. Stay away from it and be happier all around.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

neither of those amps will do rated. You can pick up a descent 2krms amp for about the same price point though. Look into Crescendo, AQ, the new SKAR line. Those are all made in the same build house I believe. they also do a little more than rated.

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.

Check out the Crescendo BC2000, AQ2200, or RF T2000. Lots of options too in the sale section, maybe even a deal on a SAZ2000

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I personally think Hifonics are fine for a budget build..now I wouldnt recommend the HFi series..but the BRZ series I would..

you should look at getting the BRZ2100.1d that would be 1050w per sub if running it @1ohm at only about $90 more than the HFi2000d

or the BRZ2400.1d that would be 1200w per sub @1ohm and its about $90 more than the HFi3000d

thats if your only considering Hifonics amps...I am sure that someone can or would recommend something different if you asked..

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

Crescendo BC2000 will be most cost effective way to get the most bang for the buck. An older Fosgate t2000 will still cost a little, but they were badass amps.

*Edit-As mentioned, make sure you have good electrical with the vehicle, because without the ability to provide the voltage, no amp will do rated.

Edited by CleanSierra

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

If you look up gut pics you can tell that the hifonic brz2400.1 and aq2200 are the same exact amps internally from the looks of them.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360