Sonic Electronix

I have some of this stuff at work to, marine electrical. Its very impractical, it takes two people to bend it into holes its supposed to go. I dont know the exact size but its about as big around as a tennis ball. It would be cheaper to buy a distro block and 20 runs of 1/0 than one run of this stuff. Low strand count = hard as shit to use

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

1/0 gauge is good for close to 300 amps, even though I was just using that number as an example.

1/0 gauge for $50/ft?

And the lugs you linked are made to order.

It just isn't practical to use in a car environment. And what do you consider long runs? Most people won't use more than 30ft in a car.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

And how do you guys know how expensive 2000 mcm is? Or even 750? It would be a better bang for the buck than 1/0 at $50/ ft.

To clarify - I only say that because I use high end hardware. I generally avoid 'car audio brands' because ALL lugs, fuse holders, terminal connectors, and blocks from these companies I have used rust out quickly in my climate.

I would love to see just one of your builds with this wire. And where the hell do you buy your 1/0 @ $50/ft? If you pay that much your an idiot.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

If your going to use that non bendable wire why not just use solid copper stock plasti dipped....an run it under car... I remember a thread like this.... 1/0 is ease of inalstallation... an I rather have my voltage -amperage.carried by multiple conductors....

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

I just found a cool place, they do big as wire. They have one of those like 4 picture slide show thing at the top of their page, if you go to the third pic it would be cool to run in a car...

Philatron

Gonna put the pic in here in a sec.

BIGASSWIRE.jpg

EDIT: Pic added

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

If your going to use that non bendable wire why not just use solid copper stock plasti dipped....an run it under car... I remember a thread like this.... 1/0 is ease of inalstallation... an I rather have my voltage -amperage.carried by multiple conductors....

i agree, 1/0 is more practical and alot easier in most situations to run.

car audio 0/1 is almost equivalent to 2/0. it barely fits in 2/0 copper lugs.

1/0 wire also will fit fuse holders without any additional modifications.

that 9/0 wire would need a special fuse as well made if you are really pulling all that current through one wire.

if the wire is $50/foot, 9/0, knu wire would still cost less total per foot and rated more combined. plus no need to wait for special lugs, fuse holder and fuses.

oh and dc98, you could also just electrical tape the solid copper haha

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

Archived