What it feels like to sit in a 150+ car

A 150 was pretty scary at first. A little hard to breathe. The longer I sat in a vehicle at that volume the more comfortable I got. Then I went to a 154 and it was rough. Just got a 156 demo this weekend. Blurry vision hard to breathe. It wasn't THAT uncomfortable though. I don't see how you could drive at that volume though or listen to it more than 5-10 minutes at a time. I guess you get used to it.

First loud car I heard was a 152 off 4 15s. Before that - the loudest I heard was a single kicker comp 12 in a sealed box. Let me tell you... THAT was an experience I wont forget haha.

I was excited out of my mind and the guy who gave me the demo was easy on the volume knob at first - that was quite a fun afternoon.

all 150s are different even if the numbers are the same

loudest ive ever sat in was a van, 160s on music, juicebox (37hz) just felt like my esophagus was being torn out and obliterated

would i do it again? fuck yes

but one of the more violent setups ive heard was boyd heatons jeep, with his 15s and 12s, just straight got down, lower 50s musically but its violent as all hell

this is the van i was speaking of, 4x 16ks (has 8, 2 were being used in this vid) and a ton of wire (literally, almost 2,000lbs in wires) and 60batts IIRC(girl at beginning of vid is deaf(legally), if that says anything:

and boyds jeep, with the 15s and 12s:

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13
-------------------------------------------------------------------

A 150 was pretty scary at first. A little hard to breathe. The longer I sat in a vehicle at that volume the more comfortable I got. Then I went to a 154 and it was rough. Just got a 156 demo this weekend. Blurry vision hard to breathe. It wasn't THAT uncomfortable though. I don't see how you could drive at that volume though or listen to it more than 5-10 minutes at a time. I guess you get used to it.

You gotta put it in perspective with experience.

Bass is like drinking. At first, it doesn't take you much to all hopped up... after a while you need more though. so you get better, stronger stuff. then that doesn't work. you bump (pun intended) it up even MORE.

My wife will still not let me crank mine with her in the car :lol:

I want that feeling.

And it's for you I made this post :drinks:

i dont think my set up is at 150 and i feel some of that even talking was hard, 1 month later im already used to it and want more but my expo is falling apart now

most intense vehicle i ever sat in was 4 10's in a jeep tuned in the 50's..did a 54..ive sat in vehicles that were doing at or close to a 60..but a 54 at 55 htz is a different experience..that shit hurt lol

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

Archived