LoudBimmer Posted February 22, 2014 Author Report Posted February 22, 2014 what about insurance on that car? What kind of credit score does a 20 year old have? how much do you expect maintenance costs on a 8 year old car to be? What is your current job I'd love to hear this. And internships really don't mean shit when you are competing against people with 4 years of experience. We have interns at work they don't do anything near what is done on the day to day. I know you want to think that you're going to be set for life when you graduate btu you can't be further from the truth. ^this. I've been building credit since I turned 18 because my mom explained how it would only make things easier for later, I don't do much with it but I do make some large purchases with it and then pay it with my debit, instead of paying directly with the debit just so I can get my foot in the door so to speak. I don't know exactly what the score is, but I have spent a lot on it and always paid it in full on time, and I know it's high for what it can be; yet the student loans I'll be looking at will still be crippling. Unless you've got a super-rich elderly family member that plans on leaving a bunch of money to you as their sole proprietor, I'm with n8. It's crazy to think it's so set in stone after you graduate. So did I. I got my first credit card when I was 18. At 19, I opened brokerage account where I have been transferring money every week (like 10% of my weekly income) and buying/selling stocks. My college tuition is fair cheap, (only $3000 a semester) since I go to state university and pay in-state tuition. I'm pretty optimistic about finding a job after graduating. I don't give a shit what everyone says about economy being weak, thousands of other students applying and so on and on and on. Living in NY is expensive, but realistic. Around central park condos do go for $2000-$3000 a month. But further away, it goes for $1000-$1500. (Brooklyn and areas around) Making $80-$100 grand a year is enough to live comfortably .
LoudBimmer Posted February 22, 2014 Author Report Posted February 22, 2014 anyway back on topic. striped my car today and put it back to it's original condition. Now I need to replace one sensor, turn the airbag light off and it's good for sale.
Dwn4BassAlan Posted February 23, 2014 Report Posted February 23, 2014 what about insurance on that car? What kind of credit score does a 20 year old have? how much do you expect maintenance costs on a 8 year old car to be? What is your current job I'd love to hear this. And internships really don't mean shit when you are competing against people with 4 years of experience. We have interns at work they don't do anything near what is done on the day to day. I know you want to think that you're going to be set for life when you graduate btu you can't be further from the truth. ^this. I've been building credit since I turned 18 because my mom explained how it would only make things easier for later, I don't do much with it but I do make some large purchases with it and then pay it with my debit, instead of paying directly with the debit just so I can get my foot in the door so to speak. I don't know exactly what the score is, but I have spent a lot on it and always paid it in full on time, and I know it's high for what it can be; yet the student loans I'll be looking at will still be crippling. Unless you've got a super-rich elderly family member that plans on leaving a bunch of money to you as their sole proprietor, I'm with n8. It's crazy to think it's so set in stone after you graduate. So did I. I got my first credit card when I was 18. At 19, I opened brokerage account where I have been transferring money every week (like 10% of my weekly income) and buying/selling stocks. My college tuition is fair cheap, (only $3000 a semester) since I go to state university and pay in-state tuition. I put all of mine into a Roth IRA, let it earn some while it waits, pull it out before taxes and all that, but only equal to the amount I contributed originally so I don't get penalized. I don't usually need it on hand since I spread my purchases out in chunks anyway. I use it for college since that can't be penalized, and my mom or dad gives me the balance since it would have gone towards it normally. I love the IRA account, tax-free savings sounds like a soon-to-be-fantasy in this economy. Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620 Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol When Alan uses big words I don't understand It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out. Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room. I missed Alan. RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.
Amart88 Posted February 23, 2014 Report Posted February 23, 2014 Rum... My 2005 s10 blazer build. 4 zcon 18's walled.
LoudBimmer Posted February 23, 2014 Author Report Posted February 23, 2014 Finding parts for my car really cheap on ebay.
Quiet Posted February 23, 2014 Report Posted February 23, 2014 how something simple like an alignment and new tires makes a world of difference. Didn't realize in north Texas I'd need an alignment every 6 months... 2007 Pacifica Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.
Herokight Posted February 23, 2014 Report Posted February 23, 2014 Good friends and good times. Lane AKA HeroKight '96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4 R.I.P. Molliboo $200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands? You hear that????That's a category 5 shit storm coming n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads. ^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^
Lbox88 Posted February 25, 2014 Report Posted February 25, 2014 Dad had his surgery today, outlook is looking good. Bladder cancer portion was a resection and remove, so he still has it it's just smaller. (The bladder I mean, not the cancer) Colorectal cancer was removed and doc's were happy with clean edges. Small surprise with small intestine which was at least partially removed, not sure yet on how much. But overall doctors are happy with results so far, just have to wait for him to come out of recovery. UBL | Build Log
S15_Silvia Posted February 25, 2014 Report Posted February 25, 2014 Doing (way) better than expected on a filter design midterm. And doing 25 points better than my one friend who usually kicks my ass at this stuff. Small victories but I'll take 'em. edit: Rockford Fosgate here I come 2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix | On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said: 3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man. My feedback thread
SMZ2 Posted February 25, 2014 Report Posted February 25, 2014 Doing (way) better than expected on a filter design midterm. And doing 25 points better than my one friend who usually kicks my ass at this stuff. Small victories but I'll take 'em. edit: Rockford Fosgate here I come Not to thread jack... but are you trying to work for RF down the road? What field are you going into? They are on my list after I get my degree. My Build Log!http://www.stevemead...nissan-xterror/ Check the Youtube Channel for Updates!http://www.youtube....ser/Xterror2002And Seller Feedbackhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/163179-bought-from-smz2/#entry2363713
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.