Jump to content

Things that make you happy/smile


Recommended Posts

Posted

What new ball game? Unless you're still making $12 an hour and got a dead end job, living on your own is not that different. Starting salaries for positions I'm apply for start at $60 grand plus. And that's on the low end.

Posted

I'd have to be completely loaded to buy even consider buying a luxury car. They lose so much value right off the bat... Besides, I like modding stuff too much. That's a lot easier to do on something that didn't cost an arm and a leg.

Edit - Not saying you shouldn't do it. I give Steve major props for doing the work he's done to his Lexus. I don't think I'd have the heart to do it.

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????


That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

Posted

Well the luxury definition of a work vehicle, for say a banker manking $100 grand a year: Mercedes E550 4matic. 4 doors, awd, twin turbo v8, option it to around $70 grand. Banker drives it back and forth to work every day for 2 years.

Then again, a oilfield consultant down here makes $100 grand a year or more... Thing is they are driving fully loaded 3/4 ton and 1 ton 4x4 Diesel pickups that cost $60-70 grand. Sure the Merc's are nice, but you can't really do anything else with them besides drive them back and forth to work, or take a road trip in them? Not really making you any money back on the investment. Oilfield guys generally get paid for mileage, and take mileage off their taxes every year. Can the little Merc tow a 20k+ load, lets say a 32ft 5th wheel, plus a bassboat, while holding the entire family inside? Not ragging on the merc at all, it's a beautiful car. If ya got the money, spend it.

Use of investment is all I'm getting at. Much rather buy a new truck to show off my "success" than a fancy car. But I would sure as fuck LOVE to have a 911 Turbo sitting in my garage right now :D

Edit, location and culture have alot to do with it to. Not trying to come off dickish through this. Normally down here, people take more notice to a nice ass truck than they do a car.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

 

Posted

I appreciate the thought, n8. I've got all those bases covered, I just gotta find a place. As many foreclosures as there are in my area, that hopefully won't be too hard. I'm not gonna be rich by any means, but I should be able to at least make a few offers on some cheap houses and see what happens.

Edit - When I say cheap, I mean CHEAP. Like, I'm looking at a trailer that's listed for $11k kinda cheap. The amount of money people usually spend on a car kinda cheap. If it's livable and I can own it, I'll take it at this point.

So not "Alan" money. Gotcha.

uuhhhhmmmm

I appreciate the thought, n8. I've got all those bases covered, I just gotta find a place. As many foreclosures as there are in my area, that hopefully won't be too hard. I'm not gonna be rich by any means, but I should be able to at least make a few offers on some cheap houses and see what happens.

Edit - When I say cheap, I mean CHEAP. Like, I'm looking at a trailer that's listed for $11k kinda cheap. The amount of money people usually spend on a car kinda cheap. If it's livable and I can own it, I'll take it at this point.

So not "Alan's mom" money. Gotcha.

fixed

Precisely, at least somewhat.

I spit my tea out when I read that, srp...

My mom is fucking pissed because it got all over the wall. It's okay, Alan will pay for my mom to clean it, because that's what she does for a living anyway...clean peoples houses...

Not quite sure I get it lol, but ok.

his mom has a maserati. go to his buildlog/showcase of poonany and be prepared for lulz.

$27.4K AFTER EVERYTHING. DON'T KNOW HOW MANY OTHER WAYS TO PUT IT. THAT'S UPPER-MEDIUM RANGE HONDA/NISSAN/CHEVY/FORD MONEY.

Has anybody(N8) found pics of his Mom yet?

Hope not, weirdos lol

I know not of what you speak. His sister is kinda hot from what I've seen

Ew. Extreme Ew. uhhhh, ew. aaiyyaaaaaaaaaa

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

Posted

Ah! There you are. Was wondering when you were gonna join us, bud. :D

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????


That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

Posted

Ah! There you are. Was wondering when you were gonna join us, bud. :D

Ironically after school I was busy; at work..................seems some of those around here might have forgotten I do that too :)

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

Posted

I'll pay extra for a repair cost, but drive a presentable car.

what bmw do you drive again?

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

Posted

What new ball game? Unless you're still making $12 an hour and got a dead end job, living on your own is not that different. Starting salaries for positions I'm apply for start at $60 grand plus. And that's on the low end.

Well, looks like you dont have this 60k+ yet...

sometimes Loud is NOT pretty

Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9011 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...