Sonic Electronix

Has Audiobahn ever made anything decent?

• 1 month later...

Well as a previous distributor of Audiobahn and other car audio I'll add my 2 cents. Late 2002 Audiobahn sold out to a company that was supposed to bring them in a new direction... not knowing that directing was strait into the ground. It ended up being one of the Big4 back in the day, everyone was using Audiobahn in shows and pissing alot of people off. So a company bought them and kept the same model #s that were used in 2002 they brought thru into 2003 instead of changing them like Audiobahn did. I definately noticed a difference when the 10" subs that I bought (Thru my business) went from $518 MSRP $280 My cost to $300MSRP and $85 Cost, Those Jones signiture series subs mentioned earlier in thread were $49MSRP and $8.00 Cost... yea... 8$ ... And for this reason its REALLY hard to sell audiobahn stuff... I have a A1500HCT April 2002 date stamped amp that everyone thats heard it will agree its rediculous, but when I post it on Craigs it gets flagged right away cause 99% of people have heard the Shitty Audiobahn, and it Sux! I worked with a guy that was VERY ANTI AUDIOBAHN, He had 2 T1's running on a T1500 with a birth sheet of just under 2000rms and i FINALLY got him to throw my amp into his car... Needless to say he wasnt to happy. My amp says its 2000rms @ 1ohm and mine was NOTICABLY louder to the human ear.... I dont know EXACTLY hoooow many watts MORE it has to be to here a noticably difference... but... you could hear it.

So if you run across some Audiobahn date stamped prior to 2003 snatch it up, you wont be let down!

Truck

Polk 4x6 Plates

Polk 4x6

Polk PA660 4Channel amp

JVC USB Deck

Wifes Car (under construction)

Polk MoMo 6.5" Components

Polk 6x9s

Polk Pa660 4Channel amp

Still trying to talk her into a sub or 2

Boat (under construction)

Polk 5.25" Components

Polk 6.5" Components

2x American Bass DX15s

Polk PA660 4Channel

2x Polk PA880 Sub Amps (hopefully)

Oo and I almost forgot, So according to sources Audiobahn FINALLY bought their name back and is back to producing their GOOD STUFF AGAIN!!!!

LIES!!!!! All BULLSH#T!

1st Clue.... The replacement to my amp from 2002 is the new A1500HCJ which according to specs is 100 watts rms higher then mine.

but heres the kicker.... IT HAS 4GAUGE POWER INPUT!!! WTF?!?!?!??!!?

Mines 1/0 new one 4gauge... REALLY?!!? Who the F&CK are they trying to fool!!!

Truck

Polk 4x6 Plates

Polk 4x6

Polk PA660 4Channel amp

JVC USB Deck

Wifes Car (under construction)

Polk MoMo 6.5" Components

Polk 6x9s

Polk Pa660 4Channel amp

Still trying to talk her into a sub or 2

Boat (under construction)

Polk 5.25" Components

Polk 6.5" Components

2x American Bass DX15s

Polk PA660 4Channel

2x Polk PA880 Sub Amps (hopefully)

• 4 years later...

You guys are all fucking idiots who are clearly uneducated about Audiobahn.

I came across this 4 + year old post while looking for some old Audiobahn gods and couldn't help but respond to clean up the miss information.

To answer the question, YES, FUCK YES! Audiobahn has made PLENTY of decent and even ABSURD BADASS products!

Audiobahn first hit the market around 1997, and it was an entry to mid level brand.

Their best subwoofer was slightly above average at the time, and their amps were pretty pitiful.

They quickly earned a bad rap as most of their stuff was saturated in chrome, and they sold a lot of premade enclosures (band pass) and much of their stuff was quickly found at flea markets as it came off as another cheap brand like American bass or Jensen.

However, by 2000-2001 Audiobahn had enough R&D and experience under their belts that they started pumping out some crazy stuff.

They even made the 34" nastiness around 1999..

IMO their 2001 lineup was the most complete and best as far as subwoofers. That's all of their products with model numbers ending in X.

The AWT and AWX models are two of the most under rated unknown ridiculous subwoofers ever produced.

AWT10X - 1000 watts RMS 89dB

AWT12X - 2000 watts RMS 87dB

AWT15X - 3000 watts RMS 87dB

AWT18x - 4000 watts RMS 88dB

AW1008X - 1000 watts RMS 87dB

AW1208X - 1500 watts RMS 89dB

AW1508X - 2000 watts RMS 94dB

Remember, in 2001 these numbers were unheard of. Both modes embarrassed the JL audio W7.l Kicker SoloBaric of the time. They even pissed on the Stroker and Juggernauts. I was just as irked as I had 4 Stroker 15's at the time.

As far as amplifiers, their 2003 product line up is where it's at...

A8001DT

A12001DT

A18001DT

(T is key)

The 2nd generation amplifier models with no second letter at the end (i.e. Aw18001D) was the first release of their new 2nd gen amplifiers which came out in 2001 to power their new sub line up, and were damn good but couldn't hold up to their full rated power handling.

The next year in 2002, they added the Q (i.e. A18001DQ) and the amps were better but still not up to standard.

By 2003 they used the T (i.e. A18001DT) and they never looked back. These amps are nuts and will pump every bit if not more of their rated power reliably.

However, by 2003 they had down graded their subwoofers quite a bit as the 2001 models were just before their time. Again nobody really trusted Audiobahn yet, and these should be $600-$800 woofers (released at $400-$600) were quickly dropping in price. I eventually bought some AW1208X's at $175 each, and the 15" version for $200 each. I saw the AWT's in the $200-$250 range...

Perhaps the bad business decision on Audiobahn's part, was that they failed to slowly progress their name to a more respectable level over the course of 2-3 years before releasing the 2001 monstrosities.

So as quickly as some people got their hands on the 2001 line up and could spread the word, the 2002 and 2003 line up was so regressed that people were kind of mixed emotions over Audiobahn again.

Eventually, circa 2006-2007, Audiobahn retooled again and released the IMMORTAL series subwoofers.

The first generation Immortal was solid, but the 2nd generation with the flame baskets were fucking crazy.

Anyone who says otherwise doesn't have real experience with them or maybe used too weak of an amplifier.

When these Immortals came out, they also released an Eternal series which was nuts too.

Even the Eternal series (their 2nd best product line) embarrassed the JL W7 and Kicker L7.

AWIS10J(or P) - 1500 watts RMS 93dB

AWIS12J (or P) - 2000 watts RMS 95dB

AWIS15J (or P) - 2500 watts RMS 97dB

J being the better series released in 2011.

AWES10P - 900 watts RMS 90dB

AWES12P - 1100 watts RMS 92dB

AWES15P - 1300 watts RMS 94dB

The 2007-2008 release products were damn solid. However, the recently F'd economy coupled with a horrendous business agreement doomed Audiobahn. Around 2007 Audiobahn signed a massive multi million dollar contract with Circuit city. Audiobahn made a massive amount of product to fill this Circuit city contract, but just months later circuit city filed for bankruptcy and failed to follow through. This of course left Audiobahn stuck with millions of dollars of product they could not move. They quickly had to unload most of this product online and direct to low end retailers on an attempt to recoup their losses.

This is why in 2008-2009 it was quite easy to find Audiobahn filling the flea market shelves.

Finally in 2011, Audiobahn resurrected theirselves and was back in business. These products all end with the letter J.

The new A18001DJ was now a 2500 watt amplifier. And all of their subwoofers were mildly enhanced with the latest materials.

However, the absence of this brand for so many years further limited the industries trust in the brand, and by 2013 they were out of business again.

So the question was never if Audiobahn made good products. However it is more to do with the fact that SOOOO much of their product lines were entry level and low end that most people's personal experience is negative.

However if you ever got your hands on their mid to upper level products you'd have nothing but positive to say.

I really wish people would stop throwing out hate and BS over one bad experience with just one product from a certain brand.

I had 2 1208X with one A18001DT (900 watts per sub) hit 152dB in the back of a Jeep Grand Cherokee.

2 AWT15X with 2 A18001DJ hit 163 dB in an Escalade.

2 Immortal 15's with an A4KDN, hit 161dB in an Expedition.

I don't even have the energy to read all that. But I saw enough to know I'd be wasting my breath.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I tried and only got half way. First post and already calling people idiots? From 2012? Most of those people aren't even here anymore.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

I don't type that much here in a month holy shit . I think just reading all that makes me not like them more.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

I tried and only got half way. First post and already calling people idiots? From 2012? Most of those people aren't even here anymore.

i did what i got was that they started out descent then got whored out to everyone made a few descent things throughout 2000-2013. when the original company and circuit city owned them

but the bad rep with the name had them by the balls, and dragged them to bankruptcy.

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Archived