Sonic Electronix

Will a system bring down my HP and MPG??

wont reduce hp other than the alternator(s) may lug your engine more. MPG yes that will suffer.

how much worse on the MPG we talking? i mean i thought 9-10 was bad enough, if i put it in will it drop below 7-8?

if you are getting 10mpg then you probably have a huge ass diesel engine or something, so i doubt you will see any difference at all in hp or mpg. For instance my truck that gets 13mpg empty get 11-12 even when pulling 10,000lbs of scrap iron.

Lol no diesel, just a 5.7 350 chevy smallblock. But the mileage is so bad because its old, pulls a 5500lb car, and everyone seems to want to race my ass like they have an F1.......

A 5500 pound car? What ya got in that thing? A 1500 pound lead bar? lol

I had a similar weight system in my 65 impala back when i had the 327 in it. I never really even noticed a difference at all in hp or mpg. I wasnt running much wattage back then, so i dont know how the pull on the alternator will affect it tho.

2000 zx2: Rebuild with 8 12s on a 10k underway!!

MY BUILD LOG

It should not affect your horsepower but your MPG will suffer if you add alot of weight

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

It should not affect your horsepower but your MPG will suffer if you add alot of weight

yea thats I figured, I was only going to add about 100lb and at this point its not a huge difference so I thing I might be able to pull some other unnecessary things out to try to lighten up

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

haha my paint alone is almost 30lbs. theres 18 coats and the rally stripes

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

Here's an example for you using my car and a friend with same car, engine, rear gear, everything. I did some mods and ended up gaining ~40rwhp. I had a 300lb system, and when we raced (at the track), we had almost identical 1/4mile times. So, adding 300lbs was like losing 40 hp. You don't actually "lose" power, but the added weight will make it slower.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

With 50-100lbs extra it would be just like having a small hooker in your trunk.

this may not be the same for u (as i drive a 2000 cavlier with a 2.2) but i only lose city mpg...overall responsiveness is the same (maybe a little better) as stock....but i have a 280 amp alt, a D3400 under the hood, 1/0 everywhere, a pair of sony's in the trunk (ran out of cash, will be upgrading sometime lol) and a DC2k in my car, my highway mpg is still just as good as stock, cant be too noticable when ur car has about 3 times the power mine does :P

What kinda gas mileage are you getting? With around 5-600lbs of equipment and a 270xp i'm still able to pull 27mpg highway.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

Its a 71 chevelle, dont worry about gas mileage.Ive had people ask me what kind of mileage i get out of my 2006 yukon, and i tell them that its a SUV and diddnt buy it for gas mileage, but to be able to take my family anywhere in it comfortably ( and I averaged 16 .6mpg before rims...13.3 after. but i dont give a shit, i like the way it looks) . With a old school, its kinda the same thing. Yea it would be nice to get some dent mileage out of it, but when its all said and done, its a 40year old car tank with a V8. If it were me, id do it the way i want it. Throw some beat in there, and do some other things to make it quick, and make it the way you want it with no worry of mileage and such.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

High amperage alternators will suck up hp because they take more effort to spin. The weight and extra strain on alt with cost you mpg. Prolly not too much honestly. I have close to 300 lbs added to my explorer with same mpg

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k