Sonic Electronix

rear view mirror won't stay on

What's a rear view mirror!

less bass man.. less bass.

Yea I don't know if your gonna be able to keep that on without it falling. doesn't seem to wanna stay on at all..

2000 FORD EXPEDITION EDDIE BAUER

current system

(1) Pioneer DEH P8300UB

(2) Massive audio nx4 mids and highs amps

(2) Soundstream sst-654N

(2) Soundstream sm-654N

(4) Soundstream sme-574P

(4) Massive audio ct1-a aluminum dome tweeters

(4) soundstream sst-05 bullet tweeters

(2) Soundstream x3.182 subs

(1) Cactus Sounds k5

XS power batts

Mechman alt

Day 2 - Still on!

What I did different this time was sanding down the metal tab and then prepping it before I glued it on. Waited 24 hours before attaching the mirror and all seems good so far! It hasn't been over 70 the past few days, and each time it has fallen off it's been 85+ and humid so hopefully we will get a few days of that to see how it holds up.

First System

2002 Impala LS 3.8L V6, 128,365k miles.

Alternator: DC Power 190Amp H/O Alternator

Headunit: Kenwood KDC-BT945U.

Speakers: MBQuart 6.5" Comps, 6x9 3-way.

Amplifer: Eclipse 3322 on front 6.5 components, and a Infinity Kappa One @ 2ohm- 800w

Subwoofers: 2 REAudio SRX12D2 wired to 2 ohm.

Box: 3.1cuft box tuned to 33hz. sealed off to cabin

Big 3- done with all Knukonceptz KCA 0 gauge.

Don't drop below 14.1v at full tilt. :)

you were right by sanding the metal button. Loctite 03346 is what you should use. get all the old glue off, glass and metal tab. take a NEW flat razorblade to the glass to scrape the glue off, and scrape the metal tab till its shiny metal then hit both with the prep spray. Spray the glass and tab once, then wipe it off. then spray the glass and the tab and let it dry. then put a dot (half dime size) of glue on the metal tab and hold it relatively firm against the glass. leave it for about 5 minutes while it cures. then you can put the mirror back on. wait 24 hours before you adjust it. shouldn't come off then. this is if it comes off again....or you can take it to safelite and have them do it.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

I did the same thing to m button and it stuck to the button but thats when the chunk of glass came off. Its gonna happen again im telling ya.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

if it falls off, leave it off, mine ended up taking a piece of windshield and now i have a crack from the bottom to the top and need a new windshield at some point.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

I didn't read the entire topic but are you using the correct adhesive? They make a special type just for rear view mirrors. Hope you get this sorted out :)

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

I did the same thing to m button and it stuck to the button but thats when the chunk of glass came off. Its gonna happen again im telling ya.

happens all the time....could have been shit chinese glass. theres no way to tell, replace it with a better company.

edit: and just cuz it glues on a certain way, doesn't mean it magically will always take a chunk of glass with it...and safelite manufactures their own glass....keep it in mind.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

I thought safelite used other ones, thats good to know thank you. I right now have a pilkington windshield on there and thats the same manufacturer as my OEM windshield and the front door windows so im happy with it. I just wont test the mirror to see if it will stay on or not, one windshield is enough for me to escape paying for lol.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Archived