Sonic Electronix

Cut Out hole in rear deck to let more bass into Cabin?

on my car i removed the rear speakers and let the holes in the rear deck open for bass, for anyone sitting in the back its awful because they have no speakers and all bass blasting right into their ears. but 99.9% of the time its just me and my gf up front and its a bit boomier imo, though its almost not noticable. maybe will be better with a bigger hole, i have 2 6" speaker hole mounts.

also is there a passthrough in your armrest? i saw a buddy of mine open that up for a port through

• 5 months later...

yea i opened up my arm rest on my town car cut a hole out and toook the 6 by 9s out a lot more bass is coming threw now im wondering if i built a box with a port going threw rear deck if it will sound better also im going to glass some 6.6s by the hump in the back seat on the floor make a console so my son can have some sound back there

4th order with a round port firing though the rear deck with the port sealed of from the trunk.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

from my past experiances, unless you can make the hole really big its hard to make an absolutely huge difference,

In my car right now, i have the split fold down seats, one side twice as large as the other, if I only fold down the small side where there may only be a cubic foot the sound can pass through there is not much difference than whens its folded up, if the small side is up and the large side down, its louder, but its not until both seats are down that there is a drastic difference in SPL due to there not being anything to hold the sound waves back. A thick padded seat and carpet does nothing but absorbe sound waves.

The best way I figured out how to overcome that no folding seats problem was to run 4 12"s or 15"s, the sound makes its way through just fine.

Good luck though I know it can be a pain trying to reach your subs full potential

XS-power1.jpg

Port noise is port noise. It just means you don't know how to build a box :pardon:

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Archived