6.5 Subs for Doors. Must Handle 200rms

OrionStang

If the empty 6.5 hole is open that's a big problem and causing a ton of cancellation. I run my mids the same on the panel. Just takes a shit ton of deadening for any door to get great midbass. Atleast one layer on the back of the panel itself and 1-2 layers on both inside parts of the door frame. And more food for though. You would have to run one of the speakers sealed. If they were both IB in the same door the stronger speaker is going to over power the weaker causing even more problems, cancelation, and worsen results. And a 200 watt channel doesn't have to put out 200watts. My lrx2.9k is rated for 240x2 and I'm probably only using 120-150 watts out of each channel. Gain is half of what max limit is.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

is 3.25 inches too deep? the DDw6.5 which is midbass woofer packs a punch i love them! i got them exactly for what you are trying to do, add the kick bass to the drums and get it poppin. and i run 200 rms to mine all day. doesnt even get hot

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

You bring up a good point, Robert. Damn, what to do, what to do.

EDIT: What if I use one of those speaker cups on the XL, it will be HP crossed at 100hz.

Maybe a custom fiberglass cup. Foam wouldn't be beneficial at all. Also don't know how the mids do sealed.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

You bring up a good point, Robert. Damn, what to do, what to do.

EDIT: What if I use one of those speaker cups on the XL, it will be HP crossed at 100hz.

Maybe a custom fiberglass cup. Foam wouldn't be beneficial at all. Also don't know how the mids do sealed.

I could do a glass cup. Over 100hz they should be ok sealed.

I got a lot more planning to do, it looks like. Redo the pods.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Pm kingsuv. I traded him my old fosgate punch 6.5" woofers for some fg work. Don't remember how deep they are but those things get it.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

I vote DD that's one badass 6.5". Hopefully it will fit.

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

$200 a pop, they better be good!!! I would love to see someone build a box in there car with like 400 DD 6.5's. They only need a 1/3cuft box per woofer!

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm