Second Skin Audio

Broken ZCON...

DSCN2360.jpg

DSCN2361.jpg

DSCN2362.jpg

I'm honestly so mad right now it's fricking ridiculous...I've only had this sub installed and playing for a couple weeks and it's already broken. What I need to do now is figure out whether it was a manufacturer error, or something that I did. I don't want to place blame without knowing, but there's nothing that I can think of that I've done that could've done this. I set my gains/headunit with my DD-1, I built a box within their recommended specs, sub says it takes 2250w RMS and I'm not even giving it that. This thing costed $532.39 (I bought it brand new from SSA) including shipping which was $80 something and I worked my ass off to buy it so I'm obviously not going to do anything to hurt it.

In the pictures you can see what I'm going to call ripples around the dust cap. It just happened today and sounded like something (I'm assuming the dust cap) sounds like it's flapping apart. I immediately stopped playing it because I really don't want to damage it more than it already is. Does this look like a build error like something just wasn't aligned properly when the sub was built or what? I'm just looking for help diagnosing what it is, and I really need to go blow off some steam because I worked my ass off delivering pizzas for months to make this happen. Thanks to anybody who can reply and try to help me out, I'll be sending an email to SSA once I can get this figured out. Again, not trying to dish out blame to anybody I really just want to know what would have caused this

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

I would think it would be considered manufacturing defect. I would just email them tell them everything you have posted on here and see what they say. My guess is they would fix it because its not like you burnt a VC or somehting from overpowering but I guess you could have played it free air exceeding the limits of the soft parts. Not saying you did though.

Email em. see what they say..provide pics and details on box tuning pics of amp setup etc.

Than if they are helpful or not post correspondance on here...my guess is SSA will provide you with quality customer service.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Nobody reading this thread will be able to tell you if this is going to be covered under warranty. That is between you and the guys over at SSA.

All you get here will be a bunch of opinions on what happen that are not going to mean anything. Work it out with the correct people. If you call them and start letting them know "well the people over on the SMD forum said this or that", it will just be a negative way to start the process correctly.

I would bet those guys are going to take care of you without any problems, unless the receive the sub and the coil is black and it has obviously been abused. . .

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

I would think it would be considered manufacturing defect. I would just email them tell them everything you have posted on here and see what they say. My guess is they would fix it because its not like you burnt a VC or somehting from overpowering but I guess you could have played it free air exceeding the limits of the soft parts. Not saying you did though.

Email em. see what they say..provide pics and details on box tuning pics of amp setup etc.

Than if they are helpful or not post correspondance on here...my guess is SSA will provide you with quality customer service.

I think you need contact ssa about this..have you yet?

Sent Mark an email already, he has given awesome customer service in the past. It's just that I've worked my ass off for this and then for this to happen just made me pretty mad. I'm not so mad anymore, just hopeful that I can get it fixed since it's not something that I did to break it. So I guess I'll give him some time to get back to me and I did also provide him with the pictures and all =)

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif