Sonic Electronix

D2 sa 12's wont play @ 2 ohms WHY?

Are you 100% sure you wired @ a 2 ohm load? if they worked @ .5 they will work @ 2....unless you have a bad coil....pull up woofer wiring diagram @ 12volt.com...and check.....

So if he had a bad coil it would still play at .5 ohm?

Yes, but not @ .5 ohms double check with an ohm meter...he prob got sound wired that way...but @ 2 ohms he would lose going coil to coil..

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipP7rjav9cD9UFdAYBJmz4M4LoNlF26ng1xhAf4Uhttps://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipP7rjav9cD9UFdAYBJmz4M4LoNlF26ng1xhAf4U

2013 DODGE CHALLENGER R/T

SUNDOWN ZV4-18

CRESCENDO 3.5K

PIONEER AVIC 5300 NEX

ALPINE TYPE R 6.5S & 6X9'S

ROCKFORD FOSGATE 1.5" TWEETS

5 C&D TECH BATTS

Are you 100% sure you wired @ a 2 ohm load? if they worked @ .5 they will work @ 2....unless you have a bad coil....pull up woofer wiring diagram @ 12volt.com...and check.....

Yes, but not @ .5 ohms double check with an ohm meter...he prob got sound wired that way...but @ 2 ohms he would lose going coil to coil..

x2 on the checking each coils resistance. maybe one coil is bad out of the four. it can happen

x2 on the checking each coils resistance. maybe one coil is bad out of the four. it can happen

And if they share a common chamber in the enclosure one sub moving would cause the other to move giving the illusion that both are getting power.

ohm meter check all coils......thats all..pretty sure he will see that most likely a bad coil...or he can wire each sub seperate @ a 4 ohm load to see which sub has the bad coil...

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipP7rjav9cD9UFdAYBJmz4M4LoNlF26ng1xhAf4Uhttps://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipP7rjav9cD9UFdAYBJmz4M4LoNlF26ng1xhAf4U

2013 DODGE CHALLENGER R/T

SUNDOWN ZV4-18

CRESCENDO 3.5K

PIONEER AVIC 5300 NEX

ALPINE TYPE R 6.5S & 6X9'S

ROCKFORD FOSGATE 1.5" TWEETS

5 C&D TECH BATTS

i must be lost as per....

So, if there is a bad coil outta the 4, how would they play at .5 VS 2ohm?... i gotta be reading this wrong.? or the amp not protecting??.. guess i dont understand the " my D2 sa 12's wont play @ 2 ohms" but DO play at .5 question?...

" just bought a new Vibe Blackbox Bass 5 amp that puts out 1500 rms @ 2 ohms i wired my subs to 2 ohms for 1500 rms and they didn't play so i wired them back to .5 ohms and then they played"

Meh,.. par for my course i suppose..

Edit - and regaurdless the issue, nobody reading through this saw nothing weird here?

"So if he had a bad coil it would still play at .5 ohm?"

"Yes, but not @ .5 ohms double check with an ohm meter..."

k, again.. i must be high

i have tried everything and my subs wont play at 2 ohms its like they wont accept signal once wired pos to pos and neg to neg but will accept sinal if wired pos to neg on each sub

when i wire them like this they will not play at all my amp doesnt go into protect or blow any fuses so i know its the subs because i always check the wiring wizards after or during my installs and then i use my mutimeter to test the ohm load

They don't play? Don't make noise ? Have to be wired wrong...

2_2ohmDVC_2ohm.png

you are wiring them wrong. its pretty obvious. take a picture of how you wire it and post it.

┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I was going to help you until your gangster pic flipped me off.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Archived