Logitech Z-5500 Speaker System (update 01-07-08)

• 1 month later...

I have a friend who has the Z-5500 who is VERY unimpressed with it.

He bought a 15" Dayton Classic sub and is using it in full range in his house and is using the logitechs in his car.

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

I bought the Logitech Z-5500 a few years ago from Dell for $230 or so. I wasn't very impressed with the woofer (it sounded nice but not enough bass).

I also remember seeing prices on these drop to 150$ to 180$ on sales.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

I have a friend who has the Z-5500 who is VERY unimpressed with it.

He bought a 15" Dayton Classic sub and is using it in full range in his house and is using the logitechs in his car.

Im very unimpressed with your buddy's choice of car audio. What does he like, since the Z-5500's are obviously too low end of a sound for him?

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

The Logitechs were the only thing available for him to use in his car, unless you consider the stock speakers in a '97 Buick LeSabre an option...

He wants to get a Astro and get a pair of Dayton Titanics.

He's been taking care of his parents, so he can't afford to get anything right now.

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

old thread but, i ordered myself a set so come christmas time, ill let you know how they sound.

also ordered this http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00...BC/ref=dp_olp_2 so i could have digital sound and 5.1 surround on my laptop :P

i bought a 2.1 system from logetech (cant rember model number) its only 30 bucks buts i like very well for my family computeri put it on the fanily computer wen i got some hoem theater setup on sale with a bigger sub (doubled teh size from the logetech)

please make your sig smaller

james

• 1 month later...

if i ran two of these systems on my pc... would i have to run all the speakers or would there be a way to just run both subs? i think the highs could hang with two of these.

on my version, which i think is just the lower end version of that system, i have the wires that come out of my surround sound card that go into the main speaker with the volume and power button on it. out of that goes an analog cable to the sub. then all the surround speakers have an RCA that goes to the sub as well. you *might* be able to get an analog splitter (i dont think i've seen them, but they still might exist) and go from the main speaker to both subs. that way you do not have to use the extra main speaker and no need to hook up the other extra speakers. you can then send them to me :D;)

EDIT: yeah they have em. vga y-splitter cables

http://www.qvs.com/images/vga_y-spliiter.JPG

i believe it's a vga style cord

Archived