Sundown Audio

Why are Amplifiers So Expensive?

JWBryant

build quality

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I like what Alpine said. Overhead. There is so much...

I would say that the cost of individual components plays a much smaller role than you'd think.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

A 5k to 7 k amp with good build quality and parts only cost about 250 bucks 1ks a lot less

If you guys wanna keep talking out your ass about parts and who makes them have fun with that

so, we'd better buy the cheapest amps available ? No need to run RF, SUNDOWN, ZAPCO, or DD for example ?!!

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

A 5k to 7 k amp with good build quality and parts only cost about 250 bucks 1ks a lot less

If you guys wanna keep talking out your ass about parts and who makes them have fun with that

so, we'd better buy the cheapest amps available ? No need to run RF, SUNDOWN, ZAPCO, or DD for example ?!!

nope, there is no need to.

:)

lmao reading > you ram and notroirus

good build and parts aka rf zapco dd cost about 250 bucks for there big boy amps to make but they have to buy alot your warrinty is factored into the price so is shipping and payrole so you 250 dollar amp just made its way up to 1200 or more

then you can go the cheap way where it cost like 50 bucks to make an amp like audio pipe and that how they sell a 1.5k for 180 bucks

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Parts only makes up a real small difference... If anyone is in/has done an electronics course you'll know the price difference between quality components and cheap components for pcb's is not exactly staggering...

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

Archived