bdog Posted August 18, 2012 Report Posted August 18, 2012 i hate the smell of nitro but i love the fact i can run it all day with out stopping and aftermarket motors run more reliable that stock ones. my axial starts right away and almost never stalls has twice the power of the stock ones and only costed me $100 REP
113jakethesnake Posted August 18, 2012 Report Posted August 18, 2012 We all start on nitro but then get into bigger and better things like brushless power FTW! Nitro is cool until u wanna go fast then brushless is the way to go
deeje Posted August 18, 2012 Report Posted August 18, 2012 I like the way they sound. But I have a rustler with a mamba max esc and motor. That bitch is fast and fun. Need to sell it tho. Need money haha. Sucks when you sink 2000 into one and you'll never get it back. --2004 Toyota 4runner New Build Log -2002 Acura Tl-S Old Build Log Team DC Audio spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol
superdave07 Posted August 18, 2012 Report Posted August 18, 2012 I have been into racing R/C since i was around 6 years old. (24now) I have raced all over the country, mostly electric. They are a great hobby, but can be a major head ache. I think we can all agree in saying audio is the same way. In fact, a guy i used to race with grew up next to Mr. Meade and mentioned his name when i gave him a demo in my integra. Small word. Steve if your reading, the guy im refering to is Sean Thomas. Sean is still racing, i can't seem to find time to myself, and the closest track to me now is 2 hours away. good thread! Xterra * 69 Camaro * Audi S5 36 Ford * 51 Mercury looking for wire sponsor www.flyracing.com
dog24fret Posted August 19, 2012 Report Posted August 19, 2012 We all start on nitro but then get into bigger and better things like brushless power FTW! Nitro is cool until u wanna go fast then brushless is the way to go Shumaker if I spelled it right is fast out of the box 96 mph. After some tuning and gear change and tuned pipe. I got his car to hit 123 mph but that's 600 the car and 300 worth of parts lol. I want the traxxas xo1. I have been into racing R/C since i was around 6 years old. (24now) I have raced all over the country, mostly electric. They are a great hobby, but can be a major head ache. I think we can all agree in saying audio is the same way. In fact, a guy i used to race with grew up next to Mr. Meade and mentioned his name when i gave him a demo in my integra. Small word. Steve if your reading, the guy im refering to is Sean Thomas. Sean is still racing, i can't seem to find time to myself, and the closest track to me now is 2 hours away. good thread! RC and audio is the same never satisfied and not enough power. Both are money pits enjoyable though. Cowboy Escort GrAnny ThUmper The Burp
S15_Silvia Posted August 19, 2012 Report Posted August 19, 2012 I'm trying desperately to sell my HPI Savage 25. It's fun but very impractical for me. Does that count? 2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix | On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said: 3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man. My feedback thread
onesantaever Posted August 20, 2012 Report Posted August 20, 2012 i have raced nitro for close to 10 years now and once you learn how to tune it they are a blast and can run just as long as a electric if not longer i have both nitro you have more thing to take but you just gas and go as for running right it depends on break in and the engine and you get what you pay for i have a traxxas tmaxx 2.5 with a 21 and a 1/16 traxxas summit
roscoe1129 Posted August 20, 2012 Report Posted August 20, 2012 All hobbies are money eaters but it seems r.c. cars are especially that way. I have a hpi savage x with the axial 4.3 (actually got it from newls1) and a s maxx with rpm everything damn near. Put a new 3.5 traxxas motor on it last november broke it in and played with it thru spring. Then we hit 100+ for so many days I said f it for a while.....need to get them both out and do some maintanance and run em again.... neither of them like to keep the front wheels on the ground..... Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer Scientia est Vox "In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti" DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!! SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER
dog24fret Posted August 20, 2012 Report Posted August 20, 2012 $63 is what I spend for tires every two weeks for my slash lol. Just got the miss type. Cowboy Escort GrAnny ThUmper The Burp
AI James Posted August 26, 2012 Report Posted August 26, 2012 not nitro but heres one of mine, not including my reciever servos and transmitter (transmitters used for multiple cars) this ones at about 3600. Yea i know i wont get the money back ever, but i'll never sell it anyhow so i dont really care about the money lost, and its a drop in the bucket compared to what ive spent on car audio. I also own a mini revo thats like a replica of this car and a losi mini eight that i use as a basher car thats all carbon fiber 3s lipo and different motor. I love the RC hobby, but i love the building part mostly although i do run the crap out of them.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.