Born_Again Posted August 22, 2012 Report Posted August 22, 2012 How long have you been working out? Preworkout suppliments have caffeine in them. They're designed to give you energy to help you lift more weight when you're at the gym. ETA: I wouldn't recommend any type of suppliments until you've worked out for at least 3-6 months, so you can tell how your body really reacts.
mbdblue Posted August 23, 2012 Report Posted August 23, 2012 I was taking CGT-10 for a while and liked it. Would be good for a beginning supplement IMO. I won't take anything with caffeine in it, not comfortable with that. But I take Kre-Alkalyn EFX powder instead of creatine (I also don't take pills) and Elite XT protein. AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco
OrionStang Posted August 23, 2012 Report Posted August 23, 2012 These are stimulant free and from companies I trust http://www.a1supplements.com/Xpand-2x-36-Servings-p-22449.html Caffeine-free options in the drop down where you choose flavor http://www.a1supplements.com/Trac-Extreme-NO-775-Grams-p-2524.html And NO Xplode makes one, but it never worked as well fo rme as some others http://www.a1supplements.com/NO-Xplode-2.0-Caffeine-Free-20-Servings-p-21884.html SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Tim Lam Posted August 23, 2012 Report Posted August 23, 2012 had some pretty intense gains from Jack3D. but made my lips feel itchy beforehand. tbh i dont find creatine to have any effects on my actually training, but i do feel more hydrated throughout. IMO body fortress from Wal-Mart has given me some good results. just a bit gassy sometimes LOL
OrionStang Posted August 23, 2012 Report Posted August 23, 2012 Just say no to Walmart supplements LOL. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
scooter99 Posted September 6, 2012 Report Posted September 6, 2012 NO Xplode is evil! It should be taken off the market and should've been a long long time ago! I took that shit like 2 years ago, when it first came out, and it literally gave me a mini heart attack (according to my doctors). I immediately stopped taking it. OP you can take half the dose of it if you're worried about the expense, but is a $40.00 supplement worth the price of your life!?! Extreme, yeah maybe, but if you have to stop doing normal activity, cause you can't function, then to me it's worth the trip to the garbage. I'm talking about personal experience here. Ken - I didn't know you were such a guru man, not poking but being real! I used to take 1-MR, and frankly need to get back to it. Loved that stuff. I was taking fat burners too, Redline Black and blue (I think, it's been too long) and I was taking Lipo 6 at one point, as well as most recently RX6 by the same company that makes 1-MR. All good stuff. Not all at the same time of course! LOL! Anyway, good info on the stuff to eat etc. I'd love to pick your brain someday on stuff for me. I don't "lift" much anymore, well really not at all, but I do circuit training now with the TRX straps (linked), do spin classes 7 times a week, at least 3 days a week I do an hour jog at lunch, and on the weekends I'm doing training for the Tough Mudder (again linked) that's coming up in a couple weeks here in Nor Cal. Basically my eating sux, which I need to fix badly, but otherwise I'm pretty strong. I stand about 5.10" tall and right now I'm at 270 ish pounds, and the only issue I even have is my stomach. The reason I even want to get back on supplements is cause I work out solely in the mornings starting by getting up at 4am every day. By the end of the week I'm spent! A fatigued body is shit for workouts! I have kids, and a busy schedule so I can't work out at night, and nor can I get to bed much before 10pm either. So my sleep is vastly affected by life. I'm fine for the most part during the day but have a terrible crash at night and about an hour or so after my morning workout I have a hard time too. NOT ENOUGH TIME IN THE GOD DAMNED DAY FOR EVERYTHING! Anyway, OP sorry for getting off track there, wanted to share my personal experience with you, but also pick Ken's brain as well! Thanks guys! Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
mrd6 Posted September 6, 2012 Report Posted September 6, 2012 Chris, I'll take the NOxplode off your hands if you're just going to throw it out. Its terrible as a source of creatine like people are saying but I do like it as a pre-workout for energy. I've built up quite a tolerance :/ Also I second what OrianStang has to say, he told you pretty much the exact same thing I was going to when i first read your post. And keep in mind, consistency with your workout schedule (not necessarily routine) as well as eating way more quality foods than you think you can handle are more important than any supplements. They are called "supplements" for a reason, supplementary to everything else. Keep doing work! Edit: if your worried about too much caffeine then just screw the pre-workout for awhile and try it again down the road if you feel you are hitting a plateau or losing motivation. You really dont need it if you have enough energy and eat a decent meal about an hour to 30 minutes before you lift. My Build Log: http://www.stevemead...-sundown-power/ Team NorthWestSPL
thecityxignites Posted September 6, 2012 Report Posted September 6, 2012 I'm currently using gnc beyond raw ravage and re feed. They seem to be working quite well. I also use gnc total lean as a meal replacement once a day. 2001 chevy cavalier Rebuild in progress what happens when your CD player skips and you accidentally drop a 22 hz sine bomb at an unholy volume on 7-8 year old subs? Mechanical failure floppy sub knockage on at least 2. well...as i see the level 6 is compared to a lamborghini.....but a corvette? i was thinking more like a chevy volt. its cute and new and "hip", but i would just rather stick my dick in a blender.........
Awhitewookie Posted September 6, 2012 Report Posted September 6, 2012 Beta Alanine. Try Assault by Muscle Pharm pre-workout http://www.a1supplem...gs-p-18495.html You might feel a little itchy, thats when you know its time to work out. After your workout, try this http://www.a1supplem...es-p-16418.html Take double the recommended dose. Take it with at least 20 grams of protien and some simple carbs like Gatorade. Eat a big meal of meat and veggies about an hour after that. Assault is the most beautiful pre workout drink ive ever taken MY BUILD 1998 Ford Explorer 2dr sport 1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything Alpine cda-9884 Crescendo CZ components (2) Crescendo bc2000's (2) Jolt 150ah (2) Yellow top optimas (1) Juicebox black cherry addition (1) Mechman 270 avbm miss my bc5500 and (4) 15's You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.
SnowDrifter Posted September 6, 2012 Author Report Posted September 6, 2012 Chris, I'll take the NOxplode off your hands if you're just going to throw it out. Its terrible as a source of creatine like people are saying but I do like it as a pre-workout for energy. I've built up quite a tolerance :/ Go for it ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.