Dash Mount Amp Dyno

reharrac

Addictive audio put a lot of time and money in this thing for a reason. It is wanted and desired by many people. so you dont talk crap on the AD-1 but you turn around and say a dash mounted version is a dumb idea? if it said meade designs on it you guys would be all over it. Steve Meade has awesome amp tuning and testing device ideas and products but just because he didnt come out with the product 1st doesnt mean that it isnt a good product. and im sure Steve has probably thought about a dash mounted amp power meter sometime in his long car audio career

Depending on exactly how accurate this thing is I can see this actually being a good tool.I see and hear too many people wanting to know how much power their getting or whats their box rise.Well this thing seems to give you everything you need all in one unit.I wouldn't mount it on the dash but I would love to know all these things without doing multiple test or buy multiple devices to test for it.If your not a competitor then I don't see you needing this but if your out there competing this can help you learn more about your system.

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

1, thats not an amp dyno, its a monitoring system.

2. Its alot more that the 100 buck you wanted someone to build you one for.

sorry, but you dont get a cookie for this one

I saw this on FB, and I overall I think it is a cool product. I think once the newness wears off about what your amp does, or in most cases doesn't put out, it will just be a "coolness" feature. I think some of the competitor base would have more use for it then the daily guys

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Its made by vital

Limit is 600amps

Yes.. I have one here

It is NOT an Ad-1

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

what do you know ray youre not nearly as smart as tgis guy when it comes to audio. lol

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Interesting piece. Here's the major problem I see, the misapplication of Ohms law. Volts X Amps = Watts ONLY works for DC circuits, or where the load is purely resistive (a non inductive resistor). This is not an opinion, this is fact. An amplifier's output is not DC, so clamping, or doing what this piece does (measuring the voltage and current to the speaker and multiplying) is incorrect and inaccurate and only applies to DC circuits or AC circuits with purely resistive loads. A simplified formula for trying to measure power in an AC circuit would be Volts X Amps X Power Factor (phase angle) = Watts. If you don't know the phase angle, your measurement is pretty meaningless. The Amp Dyno uses precision non inductive resistors to do it's calculations so the power factor is always 1.00, and thus can be eliminated from the equation.

Second problem: What about clipping? How do you know what is actual usable power and what is just clipping? WIthout using an oscilloscope or the DD-1 during this test, it is again meaningless.

Besides these things it's a neat idea. Please though guys, let's quit making up bogus audio terms. "Ohmage", and "Wdc"? There is no such thing as Watts DC, or Watts AC, or Watts RMS, or Watts Peak.... fml. Its just Watts. I'm not even going to get into "ohmage"

Here is a related discussion from a while back. http://www.stevemead...er-by-clamping/

Apparently, we are not the only industry with this problem. Check our the White Paper from APC, the backup power people

http://www.xand.com/...TNQYF_R0_EN.pdf

We will make a video to demo the situation

Archived