Kevin M Posted September 17, 2012 Report Posted September 17, 2012 Good old M5. He has a special and unique gift for getting under people's skin. Lol, I see hes got a crap ton of posts, and the fact that he is someone on that forum just saddens me. Things like that will push people away from a company and a product. Someone is looking for answers on a companies products, so they turn to there forum, to get trolled to all hell. Oh well lol, each reply just made me go "lolwut" Worse thing is if he feels he is right he won't drop it. He will just keep posting. Real tosser. 2005 Ford Focus zx4 AMT's and Planars 18" Infinite baffle
finkster Posted September 17, 2012 Report Posted September 17, 2012 brb buying telescope DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active Eclipse cd7000 I serve drunks for a living
RooTxBeeR Posted September 17, 2012 Author Report Posted September 17, 2012 brb buying telescope Lol my bad, I didn't check that when I uploaded it, i did it on my lunch break so it was fast. On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Skullz Posted September 17, 2012 Report Posted September 17, 2012 M5 is a pompous ass that no one should ever listen to. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
ChevyBoy95 Posted September 17, 2012 Report Posted September 17, 2012 Good old M5. He has a special and unique gift for getting under people's skin. he talks to everyone like they are retarded, that is why no one likes him it seems. he always says things in a way it insinuates that you know nothing and he is the all knowing. dude is a fucking asshole imo. edit: but the vast majority of SSA is helpful, just doesn't have as much traffic as SMD, plus just being on here longer, i know who to go to for what help. Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's] BL : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/
TeamHT Posted September 17, 2012 Report Posted September 17, 2012 Maybe I'm alone here...but besides not specifically answering your question...i don't know what is wrong here. He said to set the gains correctly or you waste more money...am I the only one confused? I know i don't try to sound like an asshole, i normally just respond with no emotion but it is almost always read as if I'm an elitist prick. I try to get to the point, try to avoid senseless bickering, and am sure at least one person in this thread thinks I'm an ass. Not my intention, nor the point here. The point being, one you got to know me, you'd see that I'm actually a stand up guy, just direct and to the point. I don't know that user, so only speaking on what is seen here. SMD is my home Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
RooTxBeeR Posted September 17, 2012 Author Report Posted September 17, 2012 Maybe I'm alone here...but besides not specifically answering your question...i don't know what is wrong here. He said to set the gains correctly or you waste more money...am I the only one confused? I know i don't try to sound like an asshole, i normally just respond with no emotion but it is almost always read as if I'm an elitist prick. I try to get to the point, try to avoid senseless bickering, and am sure at least one person in this thread thinks I'm an ass. Not my intention, nor the point here. The point being, one you got to know me, you'd see that I'm actually a stand up guy, just direct and to the point. I don't know that user, so only speaking on what is seen here. SMD is my home Same to that, I am saddened at the fact that my first experience with another car forum was like that. Got hit by the troll dead on, I see there are more reasonable people on there, and that was my point, I asked about size recommendation, and he goes on about a budget and wasting money... On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
SWIFT Posted September 17, 2012 Report Posted September 17, 2012 Maybe I'm alone here...but besides not specifically answering your question...i don't know what is wrong here. He said to set the gains correctly or you waste more money...am I the only one confused? I know i don't try to sound like an asshole, i normally just respond with no emotion but it is almost always read as if I'm an elitist prick. I try to get to the point, try to avoid senseless bickering, and am sure at least one person in this thread thinks I'm an ass. Not my intention, nor the point here. The point being, one you got to know me, you'd see that I'm actually a stand up guy, just direct and to the point. I don't know that user, so only speaking on what is seen here. SMD is my home Same to that, I am saddened at the fact that my first experience with another car forum was like that. Got hit by the troll dead on, I see there are more reasonable people on there, and that was my point, I asked about size recommendation, and he goes on about a budget and wasting money... You shouldn't be saddened by anything you run across on the internet. Lol I tried to answer your question on there, you seem fixed on thinking that a couple hundred watts here or there should decide how big to make your box. You want lows and authority at high 20's low 30's, build the box on the larger side of the recommended specs and tune low with around 12 sq in of port. 2012 F250 Lariat 6.7, lifted on 22's and 35's 4 DSS Ethos 18's walled tuned low 2 Ampere Audio 7500.1's, Ampere 125.4 Rockford Pro Audio front stage 9 batteries, Mechman Elite 370 alt Team DSS, Team Ampere Audio 2014 Meca Mod 3 TN State champ / 3rd place Mod 3 World Finals
RooTxBeeR Posted September 17, 2012 Author Report Posted September 17, 2012 May I ask why you suggest 12sq in of port? I would think more port the better for getting the air moving. On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
SWIFT Posted September 18, 2012 Report Posted September 18, 2012 May I ask why you suggest 12sq in of port? I would think more port the better for getting the air moving. moving air and hammering the lows with authority while sounding good are two different things. 12sqin of port will sound much better at 25-30hz than one with 16-18 sqin of port, if the box is designed right. The more port will be peakier also and have quicker roll off than one will less port area. A lot of youtubers or forum people may suggest out of their ass that you need the most port area possible. I suggest going to a couple different Meca or sound comps and listen to some different setups. It is very surprising to sit in a big hair tricking setup only to realize it doesn't sound that good. 2012 F250 Lariat 6.7, lifted on 22's and 35's 4 DSS Ethos 18's walled tuned low 2 Ampere Audio 7500.1's, Ampere 125.4 Rockford Pro Audio front stage 9 batteries, Mechman Elite 370 alt Team DSS, Team Ampere Audio 2014 Meca Mod 3 TN State champ / 3rd place Mod 3 World Finals
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.