Jump to content

Highly considering enlisting. Any advice?


Recommended Posts

Posted

I would say it is very good for most that have a good head on their shoulders. I was an army infantry sniper with an ASVAB score of 126! If I had it to do all over again, I would have gone into the air force and become an aviation mechanic or something else technical that I could have used outside.

Just remember one very important detail. Do not take the decision to enlist lightly. It is not just a job, it is a lifestyle. And you are not just giving up your time for the military, you could be giving your life as well.....no matter what your MOS.

2006 Cadillac Escalade

2/3 drop on 28" wheels

Two RE SX 18" subs

RF T2500-1bdCP amp, 3531watts on birthsheet

Custom carbon fiber sub box

EVERYTHING else is stock, for now

149.4 @ 37hz, Termlab, dash, open window on two AQ3 18s all stock electrical, wired to .25 ohm on a RF T2500

148.8 @ 36hz, Termlab, dash, open window on one AQ3 18 all stock electrical, wired to .5 ohm on a RF T2500

147.8 @ 38hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on two RE SX 18s

146.4 @ 36hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on one RE SX 18

Link to my hack-built, stupid, carbon fiber wasting project.... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/149946-carbon-fiber-box-update-1494db-37hz-on-tl/

http://gifsoup.com/NDM3MTc1MQ

Posted

you didnt have an asvab score of 126. GT maybe.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

99 is the highest you can get on the asvab.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Posted

i would highly recommend staying out of the maintenance career fields.

Can you elaborate? "Based" on my scores and the Army's need they recommended heavy vehicle maintenance repair tech or ground to air weapon repair tech...

Btw did I mention that the "Pre-ASVAB" made you utilize Ohms Law? The entertaining piece was how it asked you what the current flow in the circuit would be with two 8 ohm speakers wired in parralel with a 25v >DC<!!! supplied voltage!? I about shit myself and wanted to email them lol

Thanks for the help guys I really appreciate it as this can either be four years of awesomeness, meh, or fucktardary.

Posted

you didnt have an asvab score of 126. GT maybe.

I believe you're right. Forgive my poor memory, that was back in 1990. Took the ASVAB test, GT score was 126. I believe the top possible score was 135? But I may be mistaken about that as well. I do know that I only met one guy in the infantry who had a higher score and he had a 128.

2006 Cadillac Escalade

2/3 drop on 28" wheels

Two RE SX 18" subs

RF T2500-1bdCP amp, 3531watts on birthsheet

Custom carbon fiber sub box

EVERYTHING else is stock, for now

149.4 @ 37hz, Termlab, dash, open window on two AQ3 18s all stock electrical, wired to .25 ohm on a RF T2500

148.8 @ 36hz, Termlab, dash, open window on one AQ3 18 all stock electrical, wired to .5 ohm on a RF T2500

147.8 @ 38hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on two RE SX 18s

146.4 @ 36hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on one RE SX 18

Link to my hack-built, stupid, carbon fiber wasting project.... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/149946-carbon-fiber-box-update-1494db-37hz-on-tl/

http://gifsoup.com/NDM3MTc1MQ

Posted

i am ground servicing equipment mechanic...in the air force AGE or 2A6X2.

i work on turbine engines, diesel engine, hydraulics, refrigerant systems, electrical systems and etc... i am a jack of all trades but a master of none really.

the maintenance career field is rough. the hours you have to work, when you have to work them, supervision is usually full of idiots and its not the cushy "Chair Force" jobs every one thinks that every air man has.

i know its not as bad as other career fields but shit you work harder and longer then most and make the same.

don't get me wrong i like my job and have learned so much from it but its the supervision that sucks and the hours you work. you wont get every weekend off or holiday in the maintenance world those are luxuries to be had few and far between.

i agree its not just a job its a life style, you don't work for the military you are the military and everything you do will reflect that

you win some, you lose some

Posted

whatever you do, dont do NG or reserve.. it seems most of the units that are reserve/guard, completely suck.

Ill tell you my latest experience almost led to me getting a lawyer and taking it to the news.

We were at mob station to go to afghanistan, and at a training event I broke my ankle, severely. Surgery the same day 2 big plates, 24~ screws to hold it together.. I was sent home 3 days later and was told to find a JOB to support myself..

Kicker here, its ILLEGAL for them to do that, which I told them, I was supposed to go to a military treatment facility and was supposed to be there till I was healed.. took 6 months~ for me to fully be able to walk with out crutches, and during that 6 months it was a fight.. but after the 7th month they backpaid me.. granted if I did not have a good support system here at home, I would have been out on the curb, trying to get cash any way I could. This was also in winter, and the unit would not be willing to put me up anywhere at all. Granted they finally did backpay me so I could get caught up on the bills, and then some.. BUT It should have never came to this, at all. They should have done their job, took care of a injured soldier who got hurt on their time, and they didnt want to.

Honestly, I would say please dont enlist.

and the other reason is because of all the political bs going on with alot of stuff being drawn up that looks like it has the potential to cause another civil war.

But, if you do still plan on enlisting, the Air force seems to take much better care of their service men/women than any other branch, that I have spoke to.

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Posted

After seeing both the good and bad in the USAF I can offer a TON of advice, not only for boot, tech school, while at your perm duty station and when you depart. The amount of information is way too much to list here, covering everything from what to do and not to in basic, to how to not fall into the many trouble traps people in the military fall into and finally how and what to do when you exit the military. If you really want to discuss all this email would probably be the best place to answer your questions and/or give out the info I have.

BTW - USAF Veteran - Electronic Warfare Systems Journeyman (in english these are the systems that protect the aircraft from enemy fire of any sort) like in this picture of an AC130 dropping flares - http://gtresearchnews.gatech.edu/images/flares.jpg

Retired from SPL again....

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 Champion 151.8db

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 World Record Holder

 

‎

Posted

After seeing both the good and bad in the USAF I can offer a TON of advice, not only for boot, tech school, while at your perm duty station and when you depart. The amount of information is way too much to list here, covering everything from what to do and not to in basic, to how to not fall into the many trouble traps people in the military fall into and finally how and what to do when you exit the military. If you really want to discuss all this email would probably be the best place to answer your questions and/or give out the info I have.

BTW - USAF Veteran - Electronic Warfare Systems Journeyman (in english these are the systems that protect the aircraft from enemy fire of any sort) like in this picture of an AC130 dropping flares - http://gtresearchnews.gatech.edu/images/flares.jpg

Thanks! I will be definitely hitting you up as I progress!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 1 Anonymous, 6164 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...