Lower Drinking Age to 18 edited first post to state my argument

By the way I'll do all my research and I have to write up an outline.

So I'll post it up here for everyone to share. I'll give counter arguments and my argument.

Then you guys can tear me apart :D

Thanks again for all the info it's really informative rather than me doing everything

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

Well, in a way, I'm not a fan of TSA randomly picking and choosing who they'd like to search. Would it be better for them to search everybody or nobody at all? If you randomly have kids with the devices in their cars, and not everyone of them, who are they going to pull when they want to go out and drink, and then want to drive home or somewhere, their friend's car that doesn't have the device. If every new driver or so started out with the device and then it gets removed at say 18 or so, it may help get the message across early and curb a potential deadly habit from occurring later on in life. As far as the very age of which the device would be used could vary, like starting usage at 18 or even 21 but its effectiveness is only in theory.

The reason for the thought was I met someone actually a few days ago that had a "blow and go" breathalyzer of which they would use and it would test levels before it would even start the car.

Bass Music Producer • Photographer • Graphic Designer

--------------

Deep Sector Boom...

I'm with n8. If you are willing to die for your country then you can have alcohol. One of my buddies I work with is in the airforce, at his base (or somewhere), if he wants to get a beer all he has to show is his military ID and they will let you get a beer. Which I thought was pretty damn cool.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

My argument is this. 21 is a decent age to legally allow drinking (with the exception of military personnel) but we all know 21 year olds who are no where near mature enough to reasonably drink... If we were to lower the age of drinking it would severely increase incidents and dui's and I could see the amount of violent bar encounters going through the roof as well because we all know ppl who develop severe egos while drunk among many other things... So no i think lowering the age is a bad idea... Some of what I said can apply to people of all age ranges but TYPICALLY the older crowd is more controlled and mellow when they drink but NOT always

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

i say no.. 18 year olds are very immature and allowing them to drink will make us have more drunk drivers. it still more dangerous because younger people wont even think about it and will even start racing drunk

I think you should be allowed to drink at 18 in the US.

In Belgium you can drink alcohol from the age of 16(beer and low alcohol beverages), at 18 you can drink liquor.

There are a lot of 14-16 year old's that drink too much beer, but the most trouble they produce is being too loud and annoying. Most of them are like that without alcohol too.

Your parents should teach you how and when to drink alcohol. My parents gave me some a sip from their drink at the age of 13-14, then slowly let me drink my own glas at 16,but only at new year or christmas or other big events.

I also drank a few glasses of vodka with my father and grandfather(im from belarus) at the age of 17.(at that time i thought it was too much for me in a row because i drank 4 glasses)

I barely drank outside my family, i didn't drink too much at parties. I NEVER drove my moped, car or motorcycle when i was going to drink alcohol.

A lot of people where i see that they drank too much is either because their parents were drunks or when their parents have forbidden any use of alcohol.

If you are dealing with teenagers, it's not a good idea to completely forbid something, they will do the opposite thing.

(We can only start driving cars at 18, not 16)

Usually when people want to drive drunk they are over 21. There are a lot of campaigns against drunk driving here and we see "a lot" of prevention movies at school and on tv.

Every time i hear someone say they are going to go home after clearly drinking too much i tell the person to not drive or else i'll call the cops. Too many innocent people have died from drunk drivers.

EDIT: TS, maybe you should look at the statistics at what age most drunk driving accidents happen. (i think it's the most around 30-40 year old drivers..) Maybe even look at statistics from other countries.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

I think if they were to lower drinking age, I'd have to say they should raise it 18 before you get a license like they do in other countries. I know in my area I've seen people drinking at parties that are 14! I don't believe the drinking age should be lowered in my opinion, last summer or two summers ago 4 guys and a girl died leaving a party, the guy who hit them was driving down a highway hauling corn to the elevator in his semi at 5 am, they didn't stop for a yield sign crossing a highway and the semi driver hit them, last I knew the guy who hit them was in a half way house for trying to kill himself even tho it wasn't his fault. Just my view of it bad idea. Oh and the kids who died were 20 to 18 years old..

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

18 year olds tend to hand around 16 year olds 15 year olds etc. If you lower the drinkiung age you are going to see alot more underage alcohol related incidents. MY only exception ist hose in the military. IF you can die for your country you can have a beer.

I say no.

Even in the military, I've seen too many dumbass kids get stupid and get in trouble and the casualty radius spreads to their senior leadership and they get burned for it. But if they do, leave it to the Commands discretion like they do now in a "controlled environment".

Archived