I'll need about 21 inches of it. It would be awesome if you can get a couple feet for me. If it isn't any trouble for you. What are the dimensions for it? I.d. and O.d.?

(I tried to quote that post you made answering my post, but I can't figure out how to take the other guys' posts out of it due to my computer dumbs.)

2005 Subaru Outback Wagon Pioneer 9400BH Fi Q 15, SAZ1500dV3

The first build>>> http://www.stevemead...-outback-build/

140.9 @ 36hz Sealed on dash!

REBUILT!!! 2 Fi Q 15s, 2 SAZ1500dv3 146.9 @ 39hz dBDRA certified

Hey see if you can place a smooth board or surface on the back of your seats as they lay down, and see if that might help your score. The reason being, the carpet may "slow" down or absorb sound waves.

Quake, interestingly enough we tested a few similar ideas. We took the carpet completely off exposing the metal back to the seat (mostly metal with some foam exposed). We down a substantial amount. Also right before finals Jordan applied 1.5 sheets of Second Skin to the back if the seat under the carpet directly to the metal. We didn't see a noticeable gain from that.

As far as just laying something down there. Im sure we tried that at some point. It seems in all our testing, just laying something in the car that is not properly secured never helps. Actually it usually hurts lol. Jordan can tell you all about some of my "MDF board contraptions" haha. I once threw a false floor in my Impala out of MDF scraps that covered the whole trunk and clear up to the front seats just to see if it would help. :nutkick:

2012 North American Street Stock Runner-up - 150.9 on 1800 clamped watts (Teammate)
2013 dB Drag Street Trunk World Champion - 153.9 on 3200 clamped Watts (Teammate)
2013 MECA Trunk 1 World Champion - 152.8 Headrest (Teammate)
2013 MECA Park & Pound 2 World Champion - 130.6 (Teammate)

Checkout our build and videos !! : ) 150+ Trunk Build Log itsgordy1 youtube channel (click for Hairtricks)

Smith's Custom Seats
Martinsburg, PA

(Second Skin Dealer)

Hey see if you can place a smooth board or surface on the back of your seats as they lay down, and see if that might help your score. The reason being, the carpet may "slow" down or absorb sound waves.

This is the kind of stuff we LOVE to hear though. We have tried a bunch of stuff but love to hear other people ideas. I know we haven't tried it all and someone is bound to suggest something that could be a good gainer!!!

Thanks!!

2012 North American Street Stock Runner-up - 150.9 on 1800 clamped watts (Teammate)
2013 dB Drag Street Trunk World Champion - 153.9 on 3200 clamped Watts (Teammate)
2013 MECA Trunk 1 World Champion - 152.8 Headrest (Teammate)
2013 MECA Park & Pound 2 World Champion - 130.6 (Teammate)

Checkout our build and videos !! : ) 150+ Trunk Build Log itsgordy1 youtube channel (click for Hairtricks)

Smith's Custom Seats
Martinsburg, PA

(Second Skin Dealer)

didnt know you were in indy, i remember seeing that car there. Wish I would have gotten a demo. Very good work and nice install.

:ninja:

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

Congratulations.

Impressive score with your equipments. I'm so jealous !!!!!!!!!!!

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Thanks for the comments guys I appreciate it.

Quake that's actually one of the things on my short list to try. The trouble is I cant put the 10" port in reverse unless I chop the other top corner off of the front plate which I don't want to do at this time. Or I make another port. BUT I can do this test with the 2 4" ports on the other setup. It should lower the tuning slightly because there's now more box volume without the port displacement. I think it will be louder too but how much, that I don't know. I sort of did a similar test in my old box and it seemed like it was noticeably louder but there was still a small amount of port in the box.

The only bad thing about that idea is I'd have to take the seat out and therefore I wouldn't be in Street Stock or Street Trunk but It would still be fun to see what number it does.

My 150+ Trunk Build Log

Current Setup
2 DC XL15's

Crossfire XS-8K

AudioControl Epic-150
Mechman 250 amp alt
XS D3100 under hood

2 XS D3100 in Trunk
SecondSkin Sound Deadening - 120+ sq ft Damplifier Pro

2012 North American Street Stock Runner-up - 150.9 on 1800 clamped watts

2013 dB Drag Street Trunk World Champion - 153.9 on 3200 clamped Watts

2013 MECA Trunk 1 World Champion - 152.8 Headrest

2013 MECA Park & Pound 2 World Champion - 130.6
My youtube channel (click for Hairtricks)

Team dbAddicts

Team DC Audio dcsoundlab.com

Awesome job on the build and the numbers!!!

Funny thing is the CRX you ended up losing to, owned by Cris Worbel, is the guy i sold my DC 2.0 k too lol Small world no?

Headunit: Pioneer avh-1400dvd

Subs: DC Audio lvl 4 18 with carbon fibre dustcaps

Sub amp: Rockford T2500-1bdcp

Mids & Highs: RF Prime 5.25's + Focal Polyglass 6.5s

Highs Amp: RF T600-4

Batts: XS Power D975, XS Power D925

Alt: Mechman 270a

Wires: Shok Industries 1/0, RF RCA's and Shok 12/8 gauge speaker wires

Deadening: Second Skin

TEAM DC

TEAM SHOK

Thanks! Haha it is a small world!

Now I wonder if the guy I got my 2nd JL1000/1 from is on here? It was from ebay. Bet he'd shit if he saw what his old amp was doing now lol

My 150+ Trunk Build Log

Current Setup
2 DC XL15's

Crossfire XS-8K

AudioControl Epic-150
Mechman 250 amp alt
XS D3100 under hood

2 XS D3100 in Trunk
SecondSkin Sound Deadening - 120+ sq ft Damplifier Pro

2012 North American Street Stock Runner-up - 150.9 on 1800 clamped watts

2013 dB Drag Street Trunk World Champion - 153.9 on 3200 clamped Watts

2013 MECA Trunk 1 World Champion - 152.8 Headrest

2013 MECA Park & Pound 2 World Champion - 130.6
My youtube channel (click for Hairtricks)

Team dbAddicts

Team DC Audio dcsoundlab.com

Archived