Best 15% Tint Brand?

Rachard

It all depends were you live. Were I live you can get it done on a regular car or truck for like 100 bucks. No bull and lifetime warranty. It can be more depending on how many windows. For example a Honda element.

Build Under Construction

Head Unit = Kenwood DDX514

Amps = Kicker 750.1, Going to install Sundown 1500D v3 and Sundown 125.4

Battery = XS D3400

Wires = Kicker RCA's, 0 Gauge street wire and Stinger

Mids and Highs = Stock

Sub= Kicker L7 12"

Alternator = 220 Mechman

Sound Deadner= Fatmat and Stinger Road Kill

180 here for 4 door sedans with lifetime warranty.... If under legal limits must be paid in cash but they'll still guarantee it all just no paper trail

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

I'm in Western Wisconsin not far from the twin cities.. Maybe I'm lookin at the wrong shops but any one thats ever been recommended to me are upwards of $300 for four windows and rear window. Is this what I should expect?

200-300$ is expected for a full car with 4 doors, the 2 little wing or vent windows in the rear doors, and a rear window.

This is being done with a quality tint film, that will offer a lifetime warranty/or as long as you own the car. This warranty is normally against bubbles, tears (from normal wear), and fading.

Brands (some of which people already said)

Suntek (my fav)

Johnson films

Llumar

solarguard

Madico

Optix

3M

Theres 3 main types of film, Died, Metallized, and a hybrid.

Most your cheaper died films will fade over time, some faster than others (stuff you buy at an autoparts store), and many of your "econemy line" tints offered by tint shops from the brands listed above, however they normally offer a 3,5,7 year warranty on those economy tints. Where as something like that Gila brand tint will fade within a year (even tho it claims fade resistant).

You will pay a little more for your metallized type tints and some hybrids, its a higher quality tint.

You do not want to put 2 layers of tint on your glass to achive a tint percentage you want. I mean you can do it, but its going to take twice as much material, your going to want to wait for the first layer to fully dry out before you even attempt doing a second layer or else you risk messing up both pieces.

Honestly, you wont be able to tell the different between 20% and 15% tint. Now you can tell a huge difference between a 35% and 50% tint.

Also remember that a lot of vehicles have some sort of solar guard in their windows, some more noticeable than others.. So even if you tinted to the states legal tint laws (here in WI its 50% front side windows, 35% rear side windows and back window, and 1inch below the as-1 line on the front windshield) you can still meter darker than the tint. So if you get pulled over with 50% tint on your windows which is legal keep in mind, the cops tint meter will say about 38-46% due to that solar guard in the factory glass (even if you ask them to test a factory non tinted window first and have that reading subtracted from a tinted window). So your tint is illegal, and they wont even let you use that as your defense in court. Been there done that!!

I have personally used a few brands. When I was young I taught myself using Gila. Now Im decent at tinting, and Gila just dont cut it. LOL

Currently on my Tahoe I have Suntek Carbon 5% all the way around, even over the factory tinted rear windows which is DARK! Its about 6-7 years now and no fading.

On my current Cadillac I am running Madico 5% all the way around (seems a little brighter than my suntek, but Im not tinted over factory tinted glass like I am in my tahoe). Tint is only 4-5months old but so far so good.

About 3 years ago now I tinted a friends speed boat with Llumar 5% tint, again its fade free, but there are some minor scratches in one window due to where he puts his Heineken beer bottle. But thats not the tint or my fault. lol

My old Cadillac was tinted 35% all the way around with johnson tint. Thats probably about 8 years ago and sold it 7 years ago, havent seen it any time recent, but film was fine when I still owned it, and my winter beater eldorado also had johnson 5% on it and was fine for the year I had it before donating the car to rawhide boys ranch when it came problematic.

180 here for 4 door sedans with lifetime warranty.... If under legal limits must be paid in cash but they'll still guarantee it all just no paper trail

I doubt they will warranty it...

No paper trail means no receipt, which means they will say oh you didn't get this done here, which means no warranty.

All a tint shop has to do is have the customer sign a waiver saying that the tint shop is not responsible for any fines, accidents or any other issue caused due to the illegal tint percentage that the customer demanded and if anything happens it is the vehicles owner and or driver responsible.

I doubt they will warranty it...

No paper trail means no receipt, which means they will say oh you didn't get this done here, which means no warranty.

All a tint shop has to do is have the customer sign a waiver saying that the tint shop is not responsible for any fines, accidents or any other issue caused due to the illegal tint percentage that the customer demanded and if anything happens it is the vehicles owner and or driver responsible.

Well the tint shop i deal with is run by a friend so he doesnt give me any hassle if something goes wrong

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Glad i got a deal. Family friend did mine, not sure what he uses but his doesnt turn purple after a year or two or 7, so im assuming its good stuff. Got my honda accord 4 doors and back window done in 20% for 120$

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

Has anyone used Black Box, Alpine series? http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-BOX-ALPINE-20-VLT-12-x-78-WINDOW-TINT-ROLL-30-48cm-x-198-12cm-/370614571960?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item564a5993b8 The seller rates it up there with 3m but I have no idea. I'm pulling out some panels to mess with the window motors and tracks and I figured I'd tint my windows while everything is out.

Yeah I was also wondering good places to order these.. I was talking to a guy who used to do window tinting in a shop and he also highly recommended Lamar. But a quick google search just have me a bunch of tinting places in cities named Lamar... Soo....

Archived