Second Skin Audio

Orders in box's?

Yates

I'm no expert on boxes but from what ive read here for a 4th order you'll want to go with a 2:1 ration

For a slot port it's it's about 6 cubic ft so after displacement bracing box thickness you'll probably end up with a 7 cubic ft box

Down load Torres box calculator and messe around with it until you get want you want

this might help you get a better idea

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxes.asp

HU: Pioneer AVH x5800BHS SP Amp: AQ 120.4 Front SP: Hertz Hsk 165 Rear SP: DD cxs 6.5 SW Amp: Crescendo BC2000d SW 2 DC level 3 12" Electrical: Stock alt for now XS D2400 XS D3400 Knukonceptz Kolossus Second skin damplifier

On 8/8/2012 at 4:50 PM, Brandon15zzz said:

I heard he actually graduated college with a 4.0 gpa. Seems pretty gangster.

On 8/29/2012 at 12:25 AM, ILoveBass21 said:

he could blow a sub powering it with a potato.

google it

i can tell you 4th order is sealed enclosure inside a ported enclosure

you design your box from what sub an how much power you will push it with without knowing amp or what sub you have or what car cant really help

what sub are you using

what size subs

i

i see

for my 18 4th order build im going with 4 cubes sealed an 8 cubes ported for 1 18 so 4th orders take up alot of room

Not trying to hate but its a good idea to put you responses in one well thought out post instead of multiple one liners back to back. There are a few good reasons one being that a mod may come around and lower your post count.

To the OP --

You need to be more specific about your question, to say "I dont know about orders, tell me about orders" is a very general statement with information all over the internet. If you read u on orders (search function in this site is wonderful) but still have specific questions you want answered, then create a topic asking for specific clarification.

For the record - 4th order does not mean a box has to be bandpass - which is what was described above.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

google it

i can tell you 4th order is sealed enclosure inside a ported enclosure

you design your box from what sub an how much power you will push it with without knowing amp or what sub you have or what car cant really help

what sub are you using

what size subs

i

i see

for my 18 4th order build im going with 4 cubes sealed an 8 cubes ported for 1 18 so 4th orders take up alot of room

Not trying to hate but its a good idea to put you responses in one well thought out post instead of multiple one liners back to back. There are a few good reasons one being that a mod may come around and lower your post count.

To the OP --

You need to be more specific about your question, to say "I dont know about orders, tell me about orders" is a very general statement with information all over the internet. If you read u on orders (search function in this site is wonderful) but still have specific questions you want answered, then create a topic asking for specific clarification.

For the record - 4th order does not mean a box has to be bandpass - which is what was described above.

^^^^^ I like this guy :D

and he is correct, a 4th order and a 4th order bandpass are 2 different types of enclosures, simply one is a normal ported box while the other is a bandpass

I would tune that amp to only push 2k rms... Just a tip.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Archived