Second Skin Audio

why arent there more tunnel builds???

baaudio

why dont we see more tunnel builds? ive been thinking of doing one but am having a hard time coming up with many, the most famous seems to be Mr P's Jeep which was a beast on low frequencies.

Are tunnels just inefficient? It seems to me that they are kinda like bandpasses, they give you the ability to just stuff a ton of woofers in a smallish space.

but how does one go about designing one?

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

I think they are easy to get cancellation with and are kind of a pita to build. But that is just some hear-say. I can't say I've had hands on experience with them

all valid points Sani.... good thing im still in the planning stage. i wanna do something different, lots of 4ths popping up in my area

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

I've seen many a tunnel designed incorrectly and subs just start shredding apart.

But if they're designed correctly ( p's jeep) they are bad fucking ass.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

well theres a reason people are going with bandpasses, they flat out work! somethings are repeated for a reason....

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

well theres a reason people are going with bandpasses, they flat out work! somethings are repeated for a reason....

Yea, it'd be sweet if someone in the NW did a tunnel! Start the trend dude!

E34 540iT/6

i plan on looking into doing a tunnel late spring ish. hopefully they're not as big of a pain as they sound. they intrigue me and the ones i've seen were pretty impressive.

Oh damn Chris is going to get loud again :woot: lol

www.dcsoundlab.comDCforum.jpgyoutube video's kbsmoker2011 MECAOH AS3 Champ 147.5OH DB2 Champ 125.9WF AS3 3rd 147.3WF DB3 2nd 128.3

SystemPioneer AVH-P4300DVD2 sets Fusion Encounter 6.5 componentson Crunch Ground Pounder 1200.418" DC NEO

on DC 5.0KKnukonceptz 1/0 through outBig 3 all 1/0XS D6500under hood D3100 in the backMechman 270....rebuilt by Ohio Generator :)

Archived