Godzilla swapped 240sx - my primary hobby/project

I absolutely hate the engine choice but everything else is A+. Can't wait to see this continue.

When I say I hate the engine choice, it's because I've had bad experience with one. It was an electrical nightmare and couldn't get it figured out. A buddy bought a front clip and it ended up having a Jun stroker motor that had 100% oem external parts

Another friend had a 6 liter S14 which is pretty quick

All that work and money into a 240sx? I just don't get it, all the other options for vehicles and that's what floats your boat? I don't like to be a hypocrite because the auto hobby extends in all directions and to all degrees and I respect most everything that's ever been done to a car (that's been done well anyway) but the 240 is just a car I have never been slapped in the face with either its appeal as an attractive car nor its raw performance, even the 240s with V8 swaps with 9" rear ends and all the other ridiculous things that have been done to em. But hey, your doing great work from top to bottom, and i do want to see how it ends up, I just don't understand the 240 following. Probably never will either. I've had my hands on several myself and they are cheap and easy to fix and such, but have problems out the ass as far as stock vehicles go. I guess its the fox body Stang of tuners. Shit car but is popular and works well. Keep up the exceptional work though, I envy your thoroughness.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

All that work and money into a 240sx? I just don't get it, all the other options for vehicles and that's what floats your boat? I don't like to be a hypocrite because the auto hobby extends in all directions and to all degrees and I respect most everything that's ever been done to a car (that's been done well anyway) but the 240 is just a car I have never been slapped in the face with either its appeal as an attractive car nor its raw performance, even the 240s with V8 swaps with 9" rear ends and all the other ridiculous things that have been done to em. But hey, your doing great work from top to bottom, and i do want to see how it ends up, I just don't understand the 240 following. Probably never will either. I've had my hands on several myself and they are cheap and easy to fix and such, but have problems out the ass as far as stock vehicles go. I guess its the fox body Stang of tuners. Shit car but is popular and works well. Keep up the exceptional work though, I envy your thoroughness.

That engine in a 2700lb car is a great combo, good handleing and power. plus he gets to keep the whole thing Nissan .

Click Here For my Hopper Build

"Click here for my 2008 Dodge Mega Cab Build(The DC Rebuild) "Diesel"

Click here for my 2001 Trans AM Hot rod build

2 Rockford Fosgate T4000.1bd

1 Rockford Fosgate T1000.4db

1 Rockford Fosgate T300.2bd

4 XL's 15's DC Audio

8 JBL GTI's 6 1/2

ill be watching this :popcorn:

I can't stop building!!!

4 DC LeveL 4XL 18 Blow Through Re-Build
The newest addition My '97 Ford Explorer Build
My First Build 8 RF P1 12's
My Myspace Add Me
My Facebook Add Me

oh, your a hypocrite too bro.....your mom has my name on her left tit - and you still like her dont you?

If youre masturbating to that sub already, wait until you get a real sub... I think your nutsack will shrivel up.

Oh my goodness. Such nice work into that engine- I've seen and heard an RB20, 25 and 26 in person, all sound utterly sexy. Can't wait for further progress.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

I absolutely hate the engine choice but everything else is A+. Can't wait to see this continue.

When I say I hate the engine choice, it's because I've had bad experience with one. It was an electrical nightmare and couldn't get it figured out. A buddy bought a front clip and it ended up having a Jun stroker motor that had 100% oem external parts

Another friend had a 6 liter S14 which is pretty quick

I know all about the wiring nightmares these can be. Unfortunately it's like that with any engine swaps. I had an RB20 in one of my previous S13s and the harness had been hacked up so much that I completely rewired it. Still had nothing but issues with it. What it comes down to though is that there are really only 8 wires that need to be spliced when swapping to an RB, and if you do everything right there won't be an issue (barring unforseen circumstances obviously lol).

All I know is that after owning an RB, I absolutely fell in love the first time I ran her out to 8000 rpm, even if it consumed my life for a couple of years (daily driven half a'ed swapped cars are the devil lol). I am aware that this engine choice isn't the best for the $ but it's an engine I absolutely love.

Besides the fact that I love the look of 240s, here is a list of other reasons why I chose a 240 vs. going with something else:

-Light weight - they aren't the lightest out there, but 2700ish lbs stock and easily gotten down to under 2500lbs is a lot lighter than most cars out there

- Massive amount of aftermarket - this wasn't always the case, but it has gotten huge with all the drifting and what not. this makes parts extremely cheap and easy to find used (like your fox body stang example)

- Excellent suspension - while it's not the best out there, it's really good compared to most things in the price/weight field. And I don't mean out of the factory. Factory, the strut/spring combo is pretty bad... but the suspension geometry is still very good.

- RWD

- Very stout stock drivetrain - differential and axles

- Nissan parts-bin strategy - tons of parts off of other nissans bolt right up, brakes, suspension, engines, etc.

- nearly unlimited swap potential

- interior styling is somewhat timeless...it's not like say an AE86 where the dash looks like something out of transformers. While the 240 interior may not look new, it doesn't look old either (at least when you do a few mods like get rid of the carpet on the glove box, etc).

- easy to work on

- good compromise of new technology without getting to out of hand - most are pre-obd2 but have a lot of benifits of newer technology

there's a quick run-down as to why. most is personal preference, but maybe that sheds some light on it.

i love the 240 platform unfortunately im not the greatest with engines etc and i wouldnt want to buy one done up already.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Threads like this only fuel my dream of building up a 240 with an RB30 block/RB26 head and one hell of a turbo.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

Where are the updates...?

Updates are going to be slow...next thing on the list is to finish seam welding the chassis. My friend who rents part of my shop is going to be helping me, but we don't have a welder yet. He has been working 60+hr weeks for the last month or so and hasn't had time, but hopefully he will in the next couple of weeks. Unfortunately this build is going to be somewhat slow, but there should be some updates early next month.

Threads like this only fuel my dream of building up a 240 with an RB30 block/RB26 head and one hell of a turbo.

:)

Archived