Smoove's 1996 Chevy Ext cab C1500 Blowthrough RF, Fi, DD, SMD Meters 6th. updated pics start page 89

good work! I'm not your level,but I'm working on it!

Thanks, means a lot since I'm still learning

CleanSierra showed me how to make it happen. And he helped on the box

Haha, I see them now. I've seen them in person, so I wasn't blueballed. They are very pretty and the interior looks awesome in that thing. Once you get your concept for your beauty panel over the enclosure baffle, I can't WAIT!

I have some welding to be done before that beauty panel gets. You've seen how the welding is gonna be done. And yes it will have a strobe light in the triangle wedge lighting up the subs :)

Man! This looks great! I really dig how well the box finish looks...makes me feel like I need to work on my box more lol.

That box finish was lots of spray paint and plenty of wet sanding, topped off with a polishing compound and several layers of wax. I am digging the way you box is looking. If I ever buy 2 more SP4's I'm gonna do a similar box design to how yours is done.

Man! This looks great! I really dig how well the box finish looks...makes me feel like I need to work on my box more lol.

That box finish was lots of spray paint and plenty of wet sanding, topped off with a polishing compound and several layers of wax. I am digging the way you box is looking. If I ever buy 2 more SP4's I'm gonna do a similar box design to how yours is done.
Yea I am still debating weather I'm going to go with a flat or gloss finish. I'm leaning toward the flat finish right now. I'm probably going to pick up some paint tomorrow so I better hurry and decide lol.

A lot of people were trying to get me to do a fourth order bandpass but I really wanted to have a center port and the subs easily visible, plus it gave me an excuse to do a little kerfing :) I'm

Expecting it to perform fairly well.

Yea I am still debating weather I'm going to go with a flat or gloss finish. I'm leaning toward the flat finish right now. I'm probably going to pick up some paint tomorrow so I better hurry and decide lol.

A lot of people were trying to get me to do a fourth order bandpass but I really wanted to have a center port and the subs easily visible, plus it gave me an excuse to do a little kerfing :) I'm

Expecting it to perform fairly well.

I don't remeber if you posted specs. But the box looks like it should hammer. I still need to try kerfing

No I didn't post specs, but I do know it's tuned around 32hz ish. Bkolfo here on SMD did the design for me and I never asked what the net volume was. I'll need to figure it up now that the box is just about finished.

• 2 weeks later...

Some simple updates. nothing fancy yet :P

Chunky body filler mess is cleaned up. Never to to use body filler when its 104 outside even if your in the shade and the filler has been outside in the shade on the hot concrete. That shit starts hardening before you can finish mixing it. So now I'm ready to start doing the next layers
20140901_183229_zpsgghfdqbz.jpg

Started the battery box.

20140906_190929_zpstas2boh5.jpg

20140906_192504_zpsdbdokhgy.jpg

20140913_180612_zpshoo5gba2.jpg

Started frameing the back amp cover so it can be glassed :)

20140913_151529_zpsgptfan9h.jpg

20140913_161749_zpsf9cscyat.jpg

20140913_180624_zpsosv6nzdn.jpg

Looking sharp brother !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived