Anyone else have trouble relating to their parents when it comes to cars/other things?

Like juiced I was lucky growing up(well younger anyway lol). I grew up in a family who modded every car we had. Whether it was for the dirt track or the strip. Just take into account that most old people didn't do that. They grew up a car was for point a to b only and it's hard to get that out of their system. Heck my mom is having me redo her stereo so she can play her music louder with bass. Just not for space music as she calls it lol. Just don't let it come between you both. Offer him the chance to build something with you if you haven't yet. Then a small chance he may see and understand your passion and may even enjoy it too. Still sucks when parents don't understand right lol.

Snow just for kicks I have the same thing with my son at times :). He likes them tuners and I like American muscle with loud systems :). It's a age thing I guess lol.

My parents used to think it was stupid until I gave the argument that I could be a junkie blowing it on drugs at least audio is simething I love and is constructive. Then when I got them to come to a few MECA shows they saw how cool it was to get everyone together for a common interest. So after that all the mods I made to my car never were challenged and that goes beyond audio

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

everytime i mention car parts my parents get mad. thats all you talk about. SAVE your money instead of rattling your car apart pop the dash off to get some wires WTH. Are u doing u got half ur car on the passanger seat..it all goes back together

my step dad still gives me shit. The last time they came to visit he asked why i wasted a truck by putting such big whjeels on it. I told him because I can and I paid for it.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

everytime i mention car parts my parents get mad. thats all you talk about. SAVE your money instead of rattling your car apart pop the dash off to get some wires WTH. Are u doing u got half ur car on the passanger seat..it all goes back together

lmao, if i only had a dollar every time i heard something like that. I think if i did i would have more money for a bigger system an a new car to do that to lol

My build

98 s10 2.2

3 american bass HD 15s with psi soft parts. (on there way here)

atomic at-3000.1 (soon) 146.2 outlaw @39hz., bad alt an bad batt when termed (old 2 12" build)

alpine 6.5s in doors

infinty 4x6s in dash.

clarion cz201 HU.

mechman 240a H/O alt

stuff i still need.

SHCA 2/0 wire

SHCA 1/0 to 2/0 adapters

Atomic AT-3000.1

Lots of sound deadner

new mids an highs, still debating on what to do.

A few Deka g31 batts.

It's not just my dad. My ex and her family stayed on my ass about it all the time. I think it's part of why she left me, but hey, if me being happy doesn't make her happy, fuck her.

Oh yeah. Around mid summer my dad was riding with me and I showed him the song I used for demos. It has alot of piano in the beginning before a big drop and long bass notes, so it worked well as my all around demo. He goes, "Damn that's clean son. You did good." Then after it went through the bass part he turned it down and said, "I get it now. This thing has that bass that just goes through you. It's like being at a damn concert." So he loves loud systems, but he's not too keen on walls and such. He thinks that's taking it too far.

My dad feels the same way when it comes to the electrical upgrade I want to do on my car, thinks it's going too far, though idk if I'd want to wall my car, I drive lots of friends around, and my car would hate me lol.

I'm staying behind the c pillar if I can help it. I don't have the car I want yet, but I actually found the exact dimensions of it online and used that to mess with torres. I couldn't keep it below the window line, so to the roof it goes. All or nothing, I say.

Then there's the fact that I told him I wanted to shave my door handles, too. After explaining what it was, he got quiet for a sec and goes, "But how do you get in...?" I then explained you use a remote to open the doors from the outside and he didn't even argue. Just said, "Ok then. Don't make much sense to me, but I guess if you wanna do it..." So he is opening up a little, just not much. I'll take him to some shows one day.

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

I remember my parents being upset when I bought my first system from my future (now ex) brother in law. Fosgate punch 250.2 and a 12" Punch XLC.Put it in my 86 Merc. Topaz, lol, man that trunk ratteled sooo bad. They didn't understand. Then, after a couple months (the Merc. was the training car for myself and my older brother and sister), my dad bought my my S10 Blazer and the system went in there. That was early into the summer after I turnned 16 and was the free easy ride home form the bar. I picked them up one night and Dad told me to blast it, lol, it was hillarious. That christmas we got my dad an amp and 2 10's for his hatchback civic. Got to spend a day at the shop, putting it in with him. So I have gotten to experience both sides of it.

<>< Collosians 2:13-14, Philippians 4:13, 1 John 4:7-10

2 - JBL W15Gti

2 - JBL BP1200.1

Knu 1/0 Wiring

Kenwood KIV-BT901

Kenwood/Garmin Nav.

Archived