not everyone likes the dd-1? some rude comments

Back when I was having trouble with my opti6k I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something so I had another member on here hook his dd1 up to my opti and it showed distortion at 0 gain but my dd1 would show distortion at around 1/4 gain. We ending up hooking both dd1s up to his amp at the same time and his dd1 was showing distortion and mine was still showing a clean signal. I'm not hating on the dd1 just saying my experience with them. Both dd1s were hooked up to his amp in this pic:

i have no idea how that is even possible. I can (and have) taken my original prototype, serial #0001 and put it next to serial #003000 and it would be exactly the same. I could put it next to an HV and have it be exactly the same. I even made a video showing they are all the same. I have no idea what you guys did, i wasn't there but something isn't right.

If you feel the product has a problem, send it in, i will take a look at it. Actually send them both in i would like to see for myself.

Ill send him a pm to see if he is willing to send it to you but I'll send mine in. Like I said I'm not bashing the dd1 what so ever its just his showed distortion before mine every way possible. My h/u, his h/u, my amp and his amp all showed distortion on his dd1 before it did on mine. If you want me to send it in pm me with the details on where to send it.

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

Same thing as mine^^

I can send mine in and see if my buddy will let me send his in as well.

I have no worries about the CS, just too lazy to send it in lol.

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

Amps usually are linear throughout the whole frequency range.

The difference in wattage should be nowhere near audible.

So if you set it up at 40hz, it's very unlikely you'll have clipping at 30hz.(maybe 30-20hz is you have some special brazilian amp..But that's the amp that is bad)

If your friend burps, it shouldn't matter that the tone clips a little. Most of the times a little clipping will increase your score because it can put out more wattage.(sometimes even hard clipping gets you higher scores.)

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

I think the argument was that if you play below tuning or play anything else to cause the impedance seen by the amplifier to drop (as it will with a reactive load) that you will face distortion. I do not know if that holds water.

I'm gonna hate

Correction, I meant 40Hz. Whatever it is SUPPOSED to be. It comes with a damn manual which I wasn't looking at so it's hard to fuck that up. Like I said, it was a while ago. And if 40Hz is just the industry standard then that makes sense.

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Two 12" DC Audio XL M2'sCrescendo Audio BC5500d

Current Scores: 150+ out the Trunk

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

I think the argument was that if you play below tuning or play anything else to cause the impedance seen by the amplifier to drop (as it will with a reactive load) that you will face distortion. I do not know if that holds water.

not sure how that works either

theres a site Igo to once in awhile and the DD1 is always crapped on. the crazy thing is that the ones talking sit high on the ladder and are even teachers for years.They basically call DD1 a one note tool going by using a set tone and once you play music since its dynamic and not a burp there will be clipping. This is were they say its a waste for us that dont just do burps. They type out paragraphs of technical talk and ask for someone to prove what they say is wrong. The few times Steve or anyone else with some first hand knowledge goes over there the sites "loyalties" come out and its like talking in space. as for the DB-R comment they service alot of sundown amps so the apple doesnt fall far from the tree. :turkey:

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

no doubt about it guys, if you can get a hold of the two that didn't match, send them in, i will pay shipping both ways. Just send it i can paypal you the $10 bucks or whatever it is. Please CLEARLY mark your name, address and issue and leave it in a note or something on the inside so i can get it back to you right away.

I have only seen that one other time and it was some guy with some crazy home/pro/something contraption hooked up and i don't believe he was using our test tones when it all came down to it. I think that is what happened.

did you guys use a disc or did you download the tracks and burn them yourself? I just can't figure out how that can happen. I bet i could take serial # -2 (the original ORIGINAL proto) and put it up against a new unit. The only diff is the serial number negative 2 ate 9v batteries for lunch :D

send those in if you can i am highly interested to see what, if anything, is going on.

• Like (+1 Rep) 4

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916