Sundown Audio

2 strapped dc 2ks or 1 dc 5k?

formality

Hi everyone im about to place an order with dc and i plan on getting 2 dc xl 18s and either a dc 5k or 2 dc 2ks, the pair is a good deal cheaper and i just plan on running this as a daily driver, how much of a difference do you think there will be between the two and what would you choose and why?

It depends on coil config available from DC. The difference between 4k and 5k shouldnt be too huge if judging by ear. And 2 2k's could result in less mounting problems and more head dissipation. Just strap them and put the final nominal impedance of the woofers to the strapped amps at 2 ohms. Giving each amp a 1 ohm load. Id go with the 2 2ks. revisiting the mounting thing. Say the 5k is .... (fake number) 32 inches wide... but a 2k is 24 inches wide... and the surface your mounting is only 26 or 28 inches wide. You can have 2 diagonal amps vs having 1 awkwardly mounted amp.

my .02

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

Hi everyone im about to place an order with dc and i plan on getting 2 dc xl 18s and either a dc 5k or 2 dc 2ks, the pair is a good deal cheaper and i just plan on running this as a daily driver, how much of a difference do you think there will be between the two and what would you choose and why?

The 2 2s will be substantly cheaper, and will also yield similar power results. I will compare the most I have seen power Wise in perfect conditions, just for the sake on comparing possable pwer output.

2 2ks strapped 4900watts

1 5k 5600 watts

Now ou need to decide if the possable 700watts is worth the extra $? For a daily system the increase won't be noticable

I feel like the two 2ks would be more efficient since they will be strapped at higher ohm loads, leading to more efficiency.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

I have opted to strap smaller amps (eventually) in my build as well. Seems like wiring options, resale, and overall cost is much better. Companies expect too much money for their big-boy amps so it's cheaper just to snap up a ton of little ones in most cases. It makes installation a little more of a task but it's well worth the savings.

I'm gonna hate

Archived