Ballen194 Posted December 17, 2012 Report Posted December 17, 2012 i dont tip any business that adds a tip into the total. pizza hut for example. if im already getting a "delivery fee" well then theres your tip. rarely do i tip greatly. the majority of my life i have worked in kitchens. dish washer, cook, prep, you name it ive worked it. from 5 star club houses to outback steakhouse. the reason i tip waitstaff low is the fact that i have NEVER worked at a place that the waitstaff didnt take home more than me. while im busting my ass making my whole 9 dollars an hour sweat blood and tears at the end of the day i get to watch a 100 pound 17 year old bitch take home 100 to 150 in tips every night. if i do tip good i make sure to personally take it to the cook/kitchen staff where the work is going on. 98 Isuzu Rodeo Pioneer Deh-6300ub SUBS*Upcoming* SSA Xcon 18 4th order AMP Banda 3500 Mids/Highs Pioneer EQ Clarion EQS746 ETC. Two 1/0 run's KnuKoncepts 1/0 big 3 Shuriken BT-100 under the hood Shuriken BT-120 in the back
wellington Posted December 17, 2012 Report Posted December 17, 2012 i used to tip twenty dollars no matter what but after repeatedly getting poor service and ppl expecting tips i tip accordingly to how the service is if its shit you get a dollar If the service is shit, I don't tip. seems to be the case most of the time too. Tipping is somehow evolved into this "expected social norm" epidemic. I'm paying the restaurant for the food.. They pay the worker. I don't pay both. I'm perfectly fine with getting my food my damn self. If anyone deserves a tip, it's the cook. 2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club
Shankkilla420 Posted December 17, 2012 Report Posted December 17, 2012 i dont tip any business that adds a tip into the total. pizza hut for example. if im already getting a "delivery fee" well then theres your tip. rarely do i tip greatly. the majority of my life i have worked in kitchens. dish washer, cook, prep, you name it ive worked it. from 5 star club houses to outback steakhouse. the reason i tip waitstaff low is the fact that i have NEVER worked at a place that the waitstaff didnt take home more than me. while im busting my ass making my whole 9 dollars an hour sweat blood and tears at the end of the day i get to watch a 100 pound 17 year old bitch take home 100 to 150 in tips every night. if i do tip good i make sure to personally take it to the cook/kitchen staff where the work is going on. I agree with most of what you said, but the not tipping your pizza man kinda rubbed me the wrong way. The delivery fee is your drivers mileage. NOT a tip. That's the money they make by getting it to you, and paying for their gas, wear and tear on the car. I mean shit at my work the driver doesn't even get the whole $2.50, they get two dollars. Two fucking dollars. Now if your going 5 miles away from the store that's ten miles there and back. Almost half a gallon of gas! Now I'm not saying throw your whole wallet at the dude but even just a dollar or two would help em out and wouldn't kill your pocket too much.
Maebros Posted December 17, 2012 Report Posted December 17, 2012 i tip based on how fast and often i get my drinks if she gets that shit to me without asking and i always a have a refill great tip if i have to ask for a drink and it never gets refilled well you might get a free a&w rootbeer token if i have one HU: Pioneer AVH x5800BHS SP Amp: AQ 120.4 Front SP: Hertz Hsk 165 Rear SP: DD cxs 6.5 SW Amp: Crescendo BC2000d SW 2 DC level 3 12" Electrical: Stock alt for now XS D2400 XS D3400 Knukonceptz Kolossus Second skin damplifier On 8/8/2012 at 4:50 PM, Brandon15zzz said: I heard he actually graduated college with a 4.0 gpa. Seems pretty gangster. On 8/29/2012 at 12:25 AM, ILoveBass21 said: he could blow a sub powering it with a potato.
Rmichael91 Posted December 17, 2012 Report Posted December 17, 2012 I'm a waiter.. From my standpoint, theres more important shit than your extra ranch dressing or you wanted a lemon in your drink. The company brought me in to make sales, and flip tables. But guess what, I still get everything to you and make sure your taken care of. Yeah it might be a chicks job, but when I get a table full of dudes; I let one of the girls I work with take it and vice versa if they get a table of girls on their night out. I've gotten into the habit when taking down drinks; if its alchoholic I inform the customer I'll bring 1 or 2 before you start flagging me down as I see them getting empty, after that just let me know. Not everyone wants to drink their entire time at a restaurant and I get that. We get paid a measely ~$5 an hour to literally ping pong across a restaurant while the cooks screw up our orders, fail to stock or prep their stations, etc. Sometimes I hate the industry but I look at it as a job and an open door. Moving up in the company. Being from the inside and dealing first hand I look at alot of different things in the service. Where their other tables are, how often they're hitting the tables, how long they disappear for, if they brought my order right.. Basically respect me, keep me happy while I'm in your establishment and I'll tip you right. Like everyone else, shitty service then your getting a shitty tip. If I'm a regular and have the same routine, well unless I got a raise; your ending up with the same tip I usually leave. Usually around %30, not too steep in my opinion. All varies on the service. Had a minor rant there, sorry. But still kept on the discussion.
Pasta Prime Posted December 17, 2012 Report Posted December 17, 2012 Im a 20% tipper unless the service is extrordinary or its a bar tender that knows how to make drinks. I don't fall for that I'm cute bullshit like I did when i was younger. If your nice to look at great, but if you can't take care of me as a customer, your looks make no difference to me. Although, i do dream of being reincarnated as a hot chick....I'd have everything I could ever want. lol New build coming........ YouTube:http://www.youtube.c...6?feature=guide Old Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d-on-the-cheap/ Old Screen name: Redrebel66
JEMT8 Posted December 17, 2012 Report Posted December 17, 2012 I'm just glad to live in a place where someone brings me my food instead of some starving 3rd world country so I tip well even if my order gets messed up. formerly known as Jaylor Swift
Chris Hammer Posted December 17, 2012 Report Posted December 17, 2012 If i dodnt like the service I dont tip PERIOD...Biggest tip I've ever given was last year valentines day...did the number 1-10 thing...she said 9...she was GOD DAMN HOTTT.. multiplied it by ten and boom 90$ tip on a beer and wings.... Got a number too and ended my Valentines day the wa anyo0ne should...and it was the best 90$ i've spent haha. MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild***** Vehicles 2005 GMC Canyon CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.) crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it. CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg Sold to: Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585 Shower farts still piss me off.I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.
Kyblack76 Posted December 17, 2012 Report Posted December 17, 2012 Didnt read a single post. Just adding our opinion.... We tip, no matter what.... shitty food, shitty service, no matter what. How much,.. that depends on the service. But, yes, tip no matter what.......... SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.