CleanSierra Posted January 8, 2013 Report Posted January 8, 2013 So not that I really needed it, but I wanted to try it, I have been wanting a Clarion EQ for the past 5-6 months. I totally forgot I had wanted it and the girlfriend had NOT. She got me the tried and true EQS746. She also got me a nice 18V Makita impact, it's badass. Anyway, it's been cold here(in the 50s) and I've been too chilly to go outside and install it. Tonight was the night, despite it being in the high 40s. I was REALLY wanting to get it to fit in the area where there is a pocket for like a remote or iPod, or snacks but it didnt fit exactly. A little tweaking, not the meth kind, but adjustments, and I had it right about where it would work. Definitely didnt come out perfect, but this small job wasn't worry mixing a small batch of resin and fiberglass(believe me I contemplated it). Here's the fitment: And mocked inside dash before any wires were run or connected: And all connected: With dash lights that match, look at all the blue: All in all I'm happy with it, got it DD1'd and it does the job nicely on the mids/highs. I've got the sub box out to see if a 12" isobaric push/pull is gonna work, it's already got the 10" ISO. Anyway, thanks for checking it out Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
elflako17 Posted January 8, 2013 Report Posted January 8, 2013 Nice and clean like always love that blue combination looks sick 2010 Mazda 3 *Rebuild Time* Subs - (2) AA Mayhems 12's Sub amp - (1) Populus Audio TPA 6500 Headunit - Pioneer App Radio 2 Batteries - XS Power (1) D3100 up front | 6 XP950 rear Wire - Sky High 1/0 Gauge wires and RCA's and steve's VM1 Alternator - Singer 260 Externally Regulated Front Stage: (2) PRV Audio 10W650A (4) PRV Audio 8MR500-PhP-4 (4) DS Bullet Tweets | (2) 6.5 Components (Rear doors) Mids & high Amp : (2) Populus Audio 100.4 Processor: Rockford 3sixty.3 The Build Log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/175922-2010-mazda-3-2-aa-mayhems-12-pg14-new-video/page-11
Noel989 Posted January 8, 2013 Report Posted January 8, 2013 Looks awesome Build Log - http://www.stevemead...-cruiser-el-pt/
zydrix Posted January 8, 2013 Report Posted January 8, 2013 SICK!! i got mine about 3 weeks ago an cant wait until i get my rebuild started so i can install that he see how amazing there are. My build 98 s10 2.2 3 american bass HD 15s with psi soft parts. (on there way here) atomic at-3000.1 (soon) 146.2 outlaw @39hz., bad alt an bad batt when termed (old 2 12" build) alpine 6.5s in doors infinty 4x6s in dash. clarion cz201 HU. mechman 240a H/O alt stuff i still need. SHCA 2/0 wire SHCA 1/0 to 2/0 adapters Atomic AT-3000.1 Lots of sound deadner new mids an highs, still debating on what to do. A few Deka g31 batts.
CleanSierra Posted January 8, 2013 Author Report Posted January 8, 2013 I was nervous when I first turned the key(I'd had the battery disconnected) because it didn't turn on. Well the HU was in standby mode by default. The minute I threw the CD for the DD1 in, it came to life. I was panicked for about 3 seconds that I had forgotten something. *Edit- Thanks for reading the thread guys, I know someone is installing this same EQ like WEEKLY on our forum, so thanks for looking at mine Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
knowledge Posted January 8, 2013 Report Posted January 8, 2013 looks great man easy mod u did there as well REFF'SMy linkEBAYhttp://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=trueI love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.
KenC210 Posted January 8, 2013 Report Posted January 8, 2013 Looks great bro... so how did you secure it in the back? Kids Cadi Power Wheel Build2007 Ford Escape Build2012 Toyota Corolla Build 2013 Toyota Tundra
CleanSierra Posted January 8, 2013 Author Report Posted January 8, 2013 Looks great bro... so how did you secure it in the back? It's attached really snugly with all of the RCAs and wires. It also fits into the opening very tightly. I only used zip ties around the deck and EQ to get the angle correct its too tight in there to get a screw through an L-bracket, and quite honestly, there's NOTHING to attach the L-bracket to. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
dolarbilz Posted January 8, 2013 Report Posted January 8, 2013 I did same in past. install looks good..only thing i did was get some rubber material to the correct thickness between deck and eq and taped it together.just in case u need little more strength.
HatersGonnaHate Posted January 8, 2013 Report Posted January 8, 2013 Looks amazing bro! And that's exactly how installed mine the first time, widened the CD pocket on my original dash kit, and slid it right in there. Bad ass drill too. I want it. My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.