Roadmaster Wagon Build - DC Level 6, NSB170s, Kicker Warhorse! Vid Pg 3!

Didn't get very far on it last night but made some progress.

Here's the sub and prefab box:

2013-01-15_18-51-34_127.jpg

All the wood cut. Baltic Birch Plywood.

2013-01-15_18-50-20_714.jpg

Removable cover

2013-01-15_22-00-10_322.jpg

Clamped like hell...

2013-01-15_22-29-53_64.jpg

DC Audio Level 5, for when you run out of clamps (or clamps dont reach). Versatility at its finest!

2013-01-15_22-29-40_516.jpg

Great, another wagon I can take notes from. Do you have a dual alt bracket yet?

I do not have a dual alt bracket yet. Planning on running 1 300amp alt for the time being, then building a bracket and adding a second one later on.

sweet wagon man, looking forward to the build, but question, if you're gonna spend so much money on the subs why cheap out on mids, highs, and amps?

due to circumstances, the subs wont cost me much more to upgrade to lvl 6s vs sticking with my level 5s. Going with good amps and mids would probably end up costing me another $2500+. I dont want to stick that much money into this since car audio is a secondary hobby for me.

Damn, why u gonna make me deside on gear for my build.......ugh

http://www.stevemead...veryones-ideas/

AWESOME car! Didnt know you had a wagon! I'll check out your thread!

Thanks everyone!

nice daily. needs 22s for the summer though

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

nice daily. needs 22s for the summer though

Thanks man! I'd actually like to get a set of 18" torque thrusts or something like what corona jeff has on his caprice. Probably wont happen anytime soon unless i come across a good deal though...I'd rather spend the money on my RB26 project or more stereo equipment at the moment lol.

On another note I did have a minor setback with the car a couple of weeks ago. I was fucking around in the snow, 60mph on a straight back road by my shop, snaking the Roady back and forth down the road. Had 6 people in the car and while I was counter steering, my left hand hit my right hand (My right hand is broken, so it's in a splint) and interupted my countersteer just enough for the car to get away from me.

Put it in a 7' deep ditch at 60mph. I managed to minimize the damage (racing/plenty of close calls have made me numb to situations like this, it is great because I remain calm and calculating when shit goes down. Not like oh noes, i lost control, better let go of the steering wheel and close my eyes!) and keep the car rightside up.

Everyone was fine, only injury was my friend's wife in the rear facing jumpseat got a bruise on her hip from sliding into the side.

Pictures:

where the first tire started offroad:

2012-12-30_14-32-39_459.jpg

2012-12-30_14-32-52_901.jpg

2012-12-30_14-33-42_615.jpg

Buried

2012-12-30_14-34-28_444.jpg

Most of the damage...there is other stuff but its not major:

2012-12-30_17-04-25_367.jpg

Luckilly I have a really good friend who is an incredible body guy. (he's so good he works at MPI and has restored a Ferrari among a lot of other really high quality restorations). He's going to be fixing the body for me for a really reasonable price (you'd probably shit youreself if you knew how cheap).

Sounds like I'll be able to get the body work done late next week.

Archived