superdave07 Posted January 17, 2013 Report Posted January 17, 2013 Whats up SMDers? Heres my question, i have a 95 integra, 5 speed etc. its clean, lowered, 18s. Very clean car. It has around 185K miles on it. I've replaced every moving piece of this car since i've owned it. Anyways I have someone with a 2000 Audi A4 Quattro wanting to trade me. So..obviously the Audi is worth more, and I have always wanted one. Its nicer, and a 4 door which is good because getting my two kids in and out of the integra is getting harder to do. But, Here are the down sides. The Audi has a check engine light on, and idles kinda rough. Could be an easy fix, however I've never had my hands in euro cars. Also my integra has dual alts, 4 12s and does hair tricks. The Audi has a BIG trunk, but i doubt ill get that kind of system in that car. So..im loosing some audio, but gaining a nicer car. That is worth a lot more. The integra needs the head rebuilt, which i can do without a problem, just costs some money, also needs a windshield, few other little things. so neither car is perfect. What would you do? I forgot to mention, the Audi is bone stock, and been well taken care of, just has this idle issue. I am keeping all the audio out of the integra. Xterra * 69 Camaro * Audi S5 36 Ford * 51 Mercury looking for wire sponsor www.flyracing.com
C-Fizzy Posted January 17, 2013 Report Posted January 17, 2013 Eh tough choice. The audi is going to be a lot more expensive mechanically. under construction I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me. u hate c-fizzy?
Kyblack76 Posted January 17, 2013 Report Posted January 17, 2013 Keep the teg,.. Those a4's are junk imho. Its just a Vw..... meh... SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
tacomaguy1 Posted January 17, 2013 Report Posted January 17, 2013 I wouldn't If it's that much nicer and worth more, why do they want to downgrade? Team Flex Issues
DR.TINGTING!!! Posted January 17, 2013 Report Posted January 17, 2013 That Check engine light could end up being a really expensive fix. As much as I like German cars (BMW and Audi) I probably will never own one because of my experiences working on a few BMWs. At the end of the day $500+ for an idler pulley assembly is just not my cup of tea.
Chris Hammer Posted January 17, 2013 Report Posted January 17, 2013 I agree with tacomaguy1...keep the teg...save up and buy another car thats 4door if you eventually want it. You don't know how that car was cared for and what all could be wrong withthe engine...plus parts are gonna be a SOB and you will get assraped everytime somethings wrong on it. MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild***** Vehicles 2005 GMC Canyon CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.) crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it. CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg Sold to: Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585 Shower farts still piss me off.I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.
ccmotox99 Posted January 17, 2013 Report Posted January 17, 2013 audi's are nice, but their difficult to work on and parts can be pricey for em. Keep your Acura and that system till something better comes along! -playing with different setups
mbdblue Posted January 18, 2013 Report Posted January 18, 2013 I agree with the others....Audis are nice to look at, but Id never own one...personally, I think all German cars are incredibly over-engineered; like they made a point to design it more difficult for no difference in outcome other than an increase in expense....stamp a "luxury" label on it and your done. AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco
Kyblack76 Posted January 18, 2013 Report Posted January 18, 2013 I agree with the others....Audis are nice to look at, but Id never own one...personally, I think all German cars are incredibly over-engineered; like they made a point to design it more difficult for no difference in outcome other than an increase in expense....stamp a "luxury" label on it and your done. Word,.. Now,. you talk an A8 !!,, shit... entire new game.. But a A4? buy a vw passat . SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
n8ball2013 Posted January 18, 2013 Report Posted January 18, 2013 keep the teg. been taken care of means it got its oil changed every 6k. You know whats up with the teg. ive found people in a hurry to unload something know they are sitting on a bomb . THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.