Loud, But SQ? **need advice**

Lab audio

One set of comps won't easily keep up with 2 15"s that can hit 150 db IMO.

You may need 2 sets and turn the bass down if you wan to hear the mids & highs clearly.

Look at the pro audio speakers, but don't go cheap if you want them to sound good !

I'd look at some JBL speakers, or other high end ones. I don't know how the Crescendo sounds, but......I doubt they can be on the SQ side !

You may need some processing if you run separate tweeters and mids.

I was just stating some that get loud,....and sound ok doing it....

You really think he wants true sound quality???????? Come on....

JBL pro audio speakers sounds good if set right, and are loud too.

But you're right, he just wants LOUD !!!

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

My image dynamic horns keep up with my wall and have pretty good sq to boot. You're looking at 400 just for the lenses and compression drivers though. You will spend that much for a couple good comp sets so it evens itself out. They mount under the dash so all you need is a 8 or 10 inch pro audio midbass and you are in business.

gfyu016.jpg

Good news is they are so efficient you only need like 30-60 watts. The 10 inch in the doors are on 240 watts. Only four speakers in my frontstage. Even with moderate tuning from a clarion eq these things kick ass.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

A single high end PA 8in in each front door and HLCD's under the dash would do it. No need for rears

2012 F250 Lariat 6.7, lifted on 22's and 35's

4 DSS Ethos 18's walled tuned low

2 Ampere Audio 7500.1's, Ampere 125.4

Rockford Pro Audio front stage

9 batteries, Mechman Elite 370 alt

Team DSS, Team Ampere Audio

2014 Meca Mod 3 TN State champ / 3rd place Mod 3 World Finals

32d73d87-e373-4a49-8914-d25decfa6dcc_zps

On the note of "keeping up" my Polk mm6.5 comp sets keep up fine with 2 12's on 2.5k.... That being said if I was much louder I think I would need more. Pro audio or 2+ comp sets up front would be needed to hear things clearly over that much bass IMO

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

Pionner d class components. The over sized 6.5. Two sets of those will run you $200 for both sets. Fiberglass them in ur doors correctly (sealed) run about 125 watts at 4 ohms to each speaker/tweeter combo and it'll keep up.

You don't need pro audio to be heard at 148-152db's.

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

earometer.jpg

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

earometer.jpg

He actually did a 149.2 at 34. Termlab and everything at a local show in horsecave last sunday. So he's getting there but not just by ear. Lol. But then again that is a burp... Not music

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i (no turbo :( )(Soon XS Power D2400) Stock battery for nowRockford Fosgate 4 gaugeAudioque 6.5" Mid Bass (front)Rockford Fosgate T1 Tweets (front)Rockford Fosgate T2 6.5" Mids (rear)Rockford Fosgats T600-4 (Mids and highs)Rockford Fosgate P3001Fi SSD 12" with PSI recone, building box<p>400 watts, 139.3 @ 42 hz , in the kick window open. Build log!!http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/159148-2007-volvo-s40-audio-build-start-to-current-comment/

earometer.jpg

He actually did a 149.2 at 34. Termlab and everything at a local show in horsecave last sunday. So he's getting there but not just by ear. Lol. But then again that is a burp... Not music

I didn't realize you knew so much about my system FosgateLife.... Because I hit that with some of my decaf easy?

Archived