Second Skin Audio

HDC4-12 Info

OrionStang

I apologize Ken for starting an argument in your thread but when someone responds to me basically saying I don't know jack shit about what i'm talking about it kinda pisses me off, i'm pretty sure this isn't the first time we've voiced our different opinions in a thread, i'm done I gave you my opinion and that's the end of it.

You don't know jack shit. Stop trying to beat around the bush. You own the HDC3s and dont know jack shit about those subs. And according to you, YOU CANNOT SPEAK FOR THE HDC4s. So don't. Geared towards higher frequencies is even more proof you have no idea what you're talking about. You can have your own opinions, but when your opinion is useless, and you try passing off what other people are saying as knowledge, you will get called out. Don't act all self righteous, lol. It's the internet. Difference is I know what I am talking about. Even more than that, I actually have experience. Oh, and installed said woofers. Oh, and know how to design and build enclosures. Point in case, problem with your video posted is that the guy THINKS LIKE YOU that in order to play low you have to tune low. The enclosure, and how it reacts in a given cabin is part of acoustics. But tuning low is NOT required to play low, nor will it ever be! You can argue all you want, but if all you have is what "someone else told you" you are admitting to yourself you don't know jack shit.

I love the AA Mayhems. I love the HDC4, own a 15", what can I say, I hug AA's nuts.

I couldn't agree more with the hug as nuts part.... But in all seriousness he has a very good point my sis are stiff as fuck still have super high fs.... Doesn't mean they don't play lower they were made for it.... So it will continue to lower.... Fs even depends on how the sub was broken in..... I'm a firm believer that the enclosure is way more important than the subs!

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

couldn't agree more with the hug as nuts part.... But in all seriousness he has a very good point my sis are stiff as fuck still have super high fs.... Doesn't mean they don't play lower they were made for it.... So it will continue to lower.... Fs even depends on how the sub was broken in..... I'm a firm believer that the enclosure is way more important than the subs!

Yes, I'm a diehard FI/AA guy, I think we all know that, lol. Yes, enclosure and acoustics will change and vary and are more important than the fs. the fs isnt even the only thing someone should be looking at anyways.

I mean, the box of two AQ 18" HDC4s I designed and built for a local guy in his jeep tuned to 37hz playing down to 28hz with authority and down to 24hz before really rolling off must be because of magic dust. I mean, I tuned high. I guess all of us who have low tuned enclosures cant play anything above 30hz. music sucks now

/sarcasm

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I apologize Ken for starting an argument in your thread but when someone responds to me basically saying I don't know jack shit about what i'm talking about it kinda pisses me off, i'm pretty sure this isn't the first time we've voiced our different opinions in a thread, i'm done I gave you my opinion and that's the end of it.

You don't know jack shit. Stop trying to beat around the bush. You own the HDC3s and dont know jack shit about those subs. And according to you, YOU CANNOT SPEAK FOR THE HDC4s. So don't. Geared towards higher frequencies is even more proof you have no idea what you're talking about. You can have your own opinions, but when your opinion is useless, and you try passing off what other people are saying as knowledge, you will get called out. Don't act all self righteous, lol. It's the internet. Difference is I know what I am talking about. Even more than that, I actually have experience. Oh, and installed said woofers. Oh, and know how to design and build enclosures. Point in case, problem with your video posted is that the guy THINKS LIKE YOU that in order to play low you have to tune low. The enclosure, and how it reacts in a given cabin is part of acoustics. But tuning low is NOT required to play low, nor will it ever be! You can argue all you want, but if all you have is what "someone else told you" you are admitting to yourself you don't know jack shit.

I love the AA Mayhems. I love the HDC4, own a 15", what can I say, I hug AA's nuts.

Ok dude you got me, I'm a fucking idiot, I don't know shit about acoustics, box designs, sub recommendations etc. Go fuck yourself man believe what you want and ill believe what I want because apparently everyone else that talks about or runs these subs has no clue what they are talking about. Are you fucking happy now? Do me a favor and go jump off a fucking cliff.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Doesn't matter how good the sub is when all of your builds do a 39...

Just give up.

I love when guys get banned and talk shit and then come back with a new name. Oh wait that one got banned too. I bet that sux

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Doesn't matter how good the sub is when all of your builds do a 39...

Just give up.

I love when guys get banned and talk shit and then come back with a new name. Oh wait that one got banned too. I bet that sux

Who was it? I thought it was pretty darn harsh from a new member, lol

Ok dude you got me, I'm a fucking idiot, I don't know shit about acoustics, box designs, sub recommendations etc. Go fuck yourself man believe what you want and ill believe what I want because apparently everyone else that talks about or runs these subs has no clue what they are talking about. Are you fucking happy now? Do me a favor and go jump off a fucking cliff.

You-mad-brah--_t39v.jpg

You-mad-brah--_t39v.jpg

I'm not mad just aggravated at your douchebag tone of voice. Its not that hard to try to correct someone without being a complete asshole.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Archived