Sonic Electronix

how did you brace you back wall after blow through????

i have a blow through in my silverado. i only cut out the port opening so i didnt have to cut the whole wall out so it is roughly a 12"x12" cut. I am getting huge back wall flex and i am afraid of busting out the seal on my back wall now and it does some dam good resonating from movement.

so my question is how did some of you guys reinforce you back walls after your blow through?

here is a pick of what i did last night in hopes to reinforce it a little. a piece of 3/4 angle screwed and seam sealed to back wall ( still waiting for it to dry to try it out. also i seam sealed a piece of 3/4 mdf to mount my amps to on the back wall to help the lower.

IMG_5874_zpsb79188a4.jpg

and here is a pick of the back set up (hopefully i will finish it up soon

IMG_5494_zps760f065c.jpg

Nice looking setup. I have not done my blowthrough yet, but since I have seen a couple guys with ripped back walls. I am planning on welding in some reinforcement metal strips when I do mine. Nice to see another AZ member. would love to get demo

My Blow through was built differently than most others ... My double baffle IS my back wall. Not completely finished yet, but does the trick ...

26203464012_large.jpg

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I've heard of people putting rubber bumpstops between the cab and the bed to stop the flex. I don't remember you having that much flex at the MECA show last year lol

its been getting worse. the mdf helped a lot and since that show it keeps breaking the bond on that piece so i keep gluing it back on lol. its bad enough now that if you put your hand on the back wall you cant keep it against it cuz it shakes so bad

Archived