mrd6 Posted January 28, 2013 Report Posted January 28, 2013 I agree the price should not drop a crazy amount but at the same time: If I am in the market for a new amp and could spend 350 on a brand new one direct from the factory, there needs to be some incentive for me to buy the same product from you instead. Even if it is only used a few times, there is always that higher risk factor buying from a person than the company. Edit: a buttload of answers were added between when I started to write this and actually posted, i think this was covered lol My Build Log: http://www.stevemead...-sundown-power/ Team NorthWestSPL
OrionStang Posted January 28, 2013 Author Report Posted January 28, 2013 I agree the price should not drop a crazy amount but at the same time: If I am in the market for a new amp and could spend 350 on a brand new one direct from the factory, there needs to be some incentive for me to buy the same product from you instead. Even if it is only used a few times, there is always that higher risk factor buying from a person than the company. Edit: a buttload of answers were added between when I started to write this and actually posted, i think this was covered lol Thats ok. This is interesting. As long as nobody gets crazy LOL. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
bighossf150 Posted January 28, 2013 Report Posted January 28, 2013 Lets take a Brand new Crescendo bc3500 for example, $779 with free shipping brand new. No matter what the age of the amp, what would be a fair price for this amp in 9/10 condition and never repaired? How much cheaper than new would it have to be to make it worth buying used instead of buying new? I have bought and sold a ton of equipment and usually take a decent hit on it. That is just part of the game when you constantly change your mind and want to do something different. I know this all to well. Personally to keep me from buying a new 3500 for $779, I would have to save at least $100 maybe more. In most cases you dont know who you are buying from and how the equipment was really treated. I bought a pair of 3500's for $1k shipped a few months ago, one was perfect one had some scratches, I plan on running 3 here pretty soon, so if I cant find one for $550 or less Im just going to get rid of my 2 and find something else. IMO I'd rather pay $780 for a brand new one than $650 for a used, but when I sell, I always sell cheap so it evens out. A few months back the bc3500s were selling new for around $650 or so also. You never know what someone actually paid for them new. Lets take the AQ3500s for example right now. They were normally sold for $799, but AQ or SQ is currently blowing out there AQ labeled stock and is selling them for $639.20. If you are someone who paid $799 for a new aq3500, does that make your amp worth less since someone can buy one new right now for $160 less? If I paid $799 for one, I would ask $650 shipped used. But someone who pays $639 for one, may only ask $550 shipped later. Tons of ways to look at it. So say someone bought a bc3500 for $680 a year ago and wanted to sell it, a month ago the amp was worth $500-550 shipped, now with the price increase the amp is now worth $100 more? IMO if you buy new you take a decent sized hit when you sell it. Used to have a loud truck 2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq 2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s
CJ18 Posted January 28, 2013 Report Posted January 28, 2013 Lets take a Brand new Crescendo bc3500 for example, $779 with free shipping brand new. No matter what the age of the amp, what would be a fair price for this amp in 9/10 condition and never repaired? How much cheaper than new would it have to be to make it worth buying used instead of buying new? I have bought and sold a ton of equipment and usually take a decent hit on it. That is just part of the game when you constantly change your mind and want to do something different. I know this all to well. Personally to keep me from buying a new 3500 for $779, I would have to save at least $100 maybe more. In most cases you dont know who you are buying from and how the equipment was really treated. I bought a pair of 3500's for $1k shipped a few months ago, one was perfect one had some scratches, I plan on running 3 here pretty soon, so if I cant find one for $550 or less Im just going to get rid of my 2 and find something else. IMO I'd rather pay $780 for a brand new one than $650 for a used, but when I sell, I always sell cheap so it evens out. A few months back the bc3500s were selling new for around $650 or so also. You never know what someone actually paid for them new. Lets take the AQ3500s for example right now. They were normally sold for $799, but AQ or SQ is currently blowing out there AQ labeled stock and is selling them for $639.20. If you are someone who paid $799 for a new aq3500, does that make your amp worth less since someone can buy one new right now for $160 less? If I paid $799 for one, I would ask $650 shipped used. But someone who pays $639 for one, may only ask $550 shipped later. Tons of ways to look at it. So say someone bought a bc3500 for $680 a year ago and wanted to sell it, a month ago the amp was worth $500-550 shipped, now with the price increase the amp is now worth $100 more? IMO if you buy new you take a decent sized hit when you sell it. I would just call you fortunate if you paid $680 and now they are selling new for $779. The bc3500s are now going to be worth about what any other good 3500w amp is worth used. The average selling price that I have seen for DC, AQ, Sundown, etc 3500w amps is $600-$650 shipped.
skittlesRgood Posted January 28, 2013 Report Posted January 28, 2013 people buy used items off a forum in order to get a good deal. they aren't thinking about what is fair for you. that's up to you, as the seller, to decide. if you want to sell the item fast, you take a low offer. you want top dollar, you'll have to wait a while. But the price is always driven by what buyers are willing to spend. I had a 2006 paintball gun that was worth $800 used. in 2007 a new model was released with almost no changes at all. my 2006 model dropped $200 in value instantly. the buyer's decide the price. Lets not forget that every user is different and normal wear and tear means different things to each user. one person might consider an item to be in near perfect condition while the new owner might be upset about something the seller didn't see as an issue. And then there is the risk factor. This seller might take your money and run, so I want to risk as little money as possible. you can complain about what items sell for until you are blue in the face. in the end, you either have a sold item, or you don't. If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
SojiaRaggs9000 Posted January 28, 2013 Report Posted January 28, 2013 Well.............. I bought a DC 2.0k during the last pre-sale and it was super menty sold it for $350 shipped . Also sold a DC 1.2k for $250 after about 3 months of owning it. BUT I'm a fire seller.. I price shit to move it fast. Then again I bought two Atomic AT-3000.1D's on the side for $375 (for both) and then turned arround and sold Both for $800. Its all a game bro. ALSO let me state that... the $250 on the DC 1.2k was durring the same time as a Pre-sale so I kinda had to drop it low to sell it. * Eclipse CD3200 with PAC SWI-CAN2 and SW-ECL2 Steering Wheel Controls Interface* Pioneer D-Series Mids and Highs ( Fronts: TS-D1702C; Rears; TS-D1702R and Dash; TS-D1002R )* Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 ( Mids and Highs Amp )* DC 3.5k with Dual Inputs; Custom Plexiglass Backing ( Sub Amp )* Rockford Fosgate Balanced Line Driver * One FULLY LOADED ~ 10" DC m2 XL* Custom Built Carpeted Ported Box Tuned to 32hz. Single Chamber With Volume of 1.44618³ ft ; 1.13216³ ft After Displacement* Custom Built Carpeted Trunk Wall with Added Fans for Amplifier Cooling* MechMan 240a High Output Alternator * KnuKonceptz Krystal Kable RCA Cables* Upgraded Electrical With 1/0 KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable and 1/0 Sky High Car Audio Cable* Five Exide Orbital ORB34M Marine 12 Volt Batteries* PowerMaster XS D3100 12 Volt Battery My 2008 Chrysler 300 Limited - SuperCharged 3.5L V6 - UBL My Old 2005 Ford Taurus - CarDomain - Vehicle Was Sold
Kyblack76 Posted January 29, 2013 Report Posted January 29, 2013 Same. When im selling, im selling to SELL, and price accordingly. I also think price is dictated from demand. Hard to ask upper tier price, when no one wants or needs it. Then again, if every swinging dick is asking and wanting said product, then upper tier price can be asked. That said, nothing worse than a cheap fuck, that makes an offensive offer. Can be a fine line. Both ways. SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
OrionStang Posted January 29, 2013 Author Report Posted January 29, 2013 Same. When im selling, im selling to SELL, and price accordingly. I also think price is dictated from demand. Hard to ask upper tier price, when no one wants or needs it. Then again, if every swinging dick is asking and wanting said product, then upper tier price can be asked. That said, nothing worse than a cheap fuck, that makes an offensive offer. Can be a fine line. Both ways. Agreed. And in the same breath, does the seller need a fast sell? Or willing to hold out? SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
IH8PunkRok Posted January 29, 2013 Report Posted January 29, 2013 I've been having this issue. I'm asking $300 for my sundown 2k and you'd think I was asking a fortune -Matt2005 Dodge Magnum RTJVC KD-AVX1 2 PPI S580.2 Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters PRV 8MB450s Audio Legion 3500.1D 2 RE MT 18s 360 ah LiFePO4 BatterySHCA 2/0 155.2 @ 29 hzKicker CVR 15's buildDD 3512e buildMini T-Line Build(6) 8s BuildNightshade 15s Wall BuildMagnum AB XFL 12s BuildNewest Magnum Build
skittlesRgood Posted January 29, 2013 Report Posted January 29, 2013 Same. When im selling, im selling to SELL, and price accordingly. I also think price is dictated from demand. Hard to ask upper tier price, when no one wants or needs it. Then again, if every swinging dick is asking and wanting said product, then upper tier price can be asked. That said, nothing worse than a cheap fuck, that makes an offensive offer. Can be a fine line. Both ways. Agreed. And in the same breath, does the seller need a fast sell? Or willing to hold out? exactly, it's all in what the seller really wants, speed of sale or maximum cash. but wanting one outcome and then complaining that you don't get both is just dumb lol. no offense intended. If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.