Jump to content

Look ma, no distortion!


Recommended Posts

Posted

I had a theory... Mic distortion is caused by either the input clipping or the diaphragm moving too much and "topping out." I figured the latter would be the most likely, so I tried plugging in my headphones to my camera's mic in and took a video.

And what do you know! ZERO distortion from bass. I know some people like that because the distortion makes it easier to hear what notes are being played, but I thought this was pretty cool. I also noticed significantly reduced sensitivity, but that's to be expected as my headphones have a hole that sound needs to go through, and the diaphragm is much heavier than is one used in a mic.

I know, the video quality sucks, but it was too dark to do anything else and this was done purely to show proof of concept, not to take a nice flex video or something.

Posted

Damn, this could change the way we record bass videos

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget


2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Posted

Probably something to do with the diaphram size and the weight over a microphone, but thats pretty sweet none the less..

2006 Silverado Ext. Cab

6-15" SSA ZCONS

4th Order Blow-Through

Pioneer AVH-P4200dvd

American Bass VFL 1100.1 12 volt

6 C&D Batteries

2-350A Singer Alternators and Stock Alt

DC Power Triple Alt Kit

MLA Module

3 Runs of 1/0

2 Sets of Boston Acoustics 6.5 Pro Components

Boston Acoustics 2-channel

Lots of Sound Deadener

....Build still in Progress...

Posted

That is an awesome find Chris!

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Posted

Can you post a YouTube link please

Kenwood Excelon x396AQ2200Fi Q 12XS D3400

XS XP30001/0 RADAFLEXStinger volt meter

Mechman 240a alt

Posted

Interesting, seems to filter the low end though. Still cool idea though.

  • pa-pa-platypus

  • sorry not everybody has a companies nuts so far down their throat they catch every drop ball sweat when it falls

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7966 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...