Jump to content

Any pharmacists on here???


Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm about ready to bang my head through the wall with this....

Long story short: doctors keep wanting to try for anxiety AGAIN even though I keep telling them it's not. But it looks like we aren't getting there. They want to put me on and SNRI - Venlafaxine/Effexor.

I don't like taking drugs even when I need them. I certainly don't want to take some powerful brain altering drug that I know I don't need, but it seems there is no convincing them.

My question to you: Is if I don't have anxiety/depression, how likely is this to have some sort of nasty side effect?

I know this isn't the doctors, but google wasn't very much help. I try to do my research, but I'm coming up with a blank

Posted

My wife has anxiety. She's been on multitudes of medication for it. They all have some side effects

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

My mom had bad anxiety for a while. I hate when doctors just prescribe these powerful drugs to something that is conquerable without it. My dad used to have it when he was young, never took ANY medication, went to therapy and went out and did absolutely everything he had worries about. Now he is the last person on the universe you would think had those problems back then...I think of those medications the same as I think of putting a band-aid on a wound that needs stitches, and they create a dependency

Posted

I'd try it for a month and see how you feel.

You might get a few side effects but probably nothing major. Nausea probably.

Everyone reacts differently.

This person sweats a lot and can't wack off.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

Posted

I think there is a disconnect between what I'm asking and what you guys are reading.

I know I don't have anxiety, but there are a couple symptoms of the many that I'm experiencing that the doctors are latching onto calling that anxiety. They want to put me on a heavy drug for it.

They put me on a mild one for it before and I decided to humor them because it was just a sedative - nothing more. And as I expected, it didn't do anything except make some of my symptoms worse. So for some reason they thing that putting me on something more powerful is going to change something(definition of insanity anyone?)

This one is more heavy duty, and I'm concerned about taking it essentially as an "experiment."

Posted

I'm going to be honest, a lot of the medication the doctors give rarely work. Quite a few are placebo and most have horrible side effects.

Always remember medical companies don't make cures, they make customers.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.
Posted

I was on the same drug(Venlafaxine/Effexor)that they are trying to put you on & I didnt like it(felt that it wasnt doing a damn thing for me)so I stopped taking it. I didnt cycle off of it which was probably a bad idea, I felt like sh*t & had headaches for about a week. If you do decide to take them be sure to cycle off if or when you stop taking them.

3d7304fe.jpg

Posted

Tough to help someone when we don't know exactly what your experiencing to say if what they are prescribing is actually going to help you or not.

I got an infection last year from the plumbing developing a leak underground and contaminating the incoming water, so when i took a shower i got infected and seen the doctor that was treating me for depression and for some dumbass reason he kept thinking i was suffering from anxiety. That fucker made me suffer at least 2 weeks longer than was necessary to find the real cause of what was going on. If you can go to another doctor and see if there is something else that is the root cause of the problem.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Posted

Don't take the Drug. It will only alter you mind and make you not the person you are supposed to be.. The doctors just want your money, the drugs they prescribe DO NOT cure anything they just treat the symptoms or make them worse for a short period of time.

If you need to calm down just smoke some herb (a small amount- too much could make you more nervous if your not used to it.).

2-10 inch hx2's rfd2110 getting close to 1200 watts rms

PWK enclosure-rear loading folded horn

1-mtx 81000d

1-SAX-100.4

1-alpine h/u

1-set of cdt's euro components

1-set of alpine type's

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7858 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...