any Fishermen out there?

im about to go to academy with a friend of mine, gunna stock up on some gear and lures. any suggestions on lures? gunna be bass and wade fishing this weekend most likely

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

I mainly fish for bass large and smallmouth but mostly smallmouth on the wisconsin river, its less then a 1/4 mile from my house. Been wanting to start doing some musky fishing but I dont have any heavy enough gear to for em yet. I do alot of shore fishing but do like to take the boat out when I can. I got two boats to choose from ones a 12 foot alum. that I like to use in small lakes and a old 15.5 foot tri-hull that my wife and I resto'd. She did the seats and the paint and I did the motor work, its a fun little cruiser/fishing rig just not fast enough for the kids.

im about to go to academy with a friend of mine, gunna stock up on some gear and lures. any suggestions on lures? gunna be bass and wade fishing this weekend most likely

For bass I like to use a fat 5 inch worm texas rigged weightless or with a very light weight thats my go to set up.

Few pics of the boat

boat3.jpg

boat1.jpg

It's like rubbing your wiener up against a sheep.

I fish a little bit :)

This is my old, archived site.... http://www.trophybassonly.com/index.htm

I still fish for bass, but a lot less, while I fish for all kinds of other species too. Sturgeon on micro light gear has been fun the last few years :)

I'm sorry..... I'm just responding to your post title. I'll read all of this later, and if I can help you with anything specific, I will... but I won't BS you if I dont know :)

Peace,

Fish

I fish a little bit :)

This is my old, archived site.... http://www.trophybassonly.com/index.htm

I still fish for bass, but a lot less, while I fish for all kinds of other species too. Sturgeon on micro light gear has been fun the last few years :)

I'm sorry..... I'm just responding to your post title. I'll read all of this later, and if I can help you with anything specific, I will... but I won't BS you if I dont know :)

Peace,

Fish

I actually went bass fishing for the first time today, only stayed for a lil though mosquitoes were bad.

tried a few poppers and a spin bait.

any tips for a beginner to fresh water?

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

Hey Ricky, well if you don't really give a shit what some tournament snobs might think, and you just want to catch a bass....

http://www.trophybassonly.com/id132.htm

Actually, if you look all through these articles, I'm sure their will be some with just the right info you need :)

http://www.trophybassonly.com/id45.htm

Peace,

Fish

Boris, that boat will work for any fish in freshwater ! And that steering wheel is EPIC !!! :)

I think its so cool to go out in a cheap little and / or old boat, and come back to the dock holding up a BIG ASS fish, right in the faces of guys with expensive ass, glitter rocket boats, who didn't do worth a shit ! :) It really has to just burn their ass :) LOL

One things for sure > The fish really couldn't give a shit less, about your boat ! :)

Peace,

Fish

PS, BTW, I actually made a sponsorship deal with Yamaha G3, about 5 years ago. So after they accepted me, they said, "Okay, so which boat do you want" ? I told them I wanted their V143T. To which they replied, "That's all" ? ....you understand that we will give you the same {large} % off of any boat we make. right" ? I told them, "Well, sure.... I just don't need / want, some big, heavy, cumbersome, gas hog ! I'm out to catch fish... not to try to look cool with a big, flashy boat. I'd rather look cool by standing in a little, cheaper boat, holding up the biggest catch of the day" :)

So, in all honesty, this is my freshwater dream boat :) For a 14ft aluminum, it actually is set up pretty nice... electric start, power trim and tilt, love the floor plan.... no funky benches to get in my way, etc....

0c7efd40.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Archived