Novak Posted April 5, 2013 Author Report Posted April 5, 2013 Box is .75 cubes after sub and port displacement tuned to 33hz Ive designed a lot of boxes and im not new to audio but ive mostly played with older kickers ( impulse and l5s) also aq and memphis Ive heard a lot of good things about sundown and i want a small system so im trying this lil 8 But from past experience running 2/3 rms usually will produce more results than what im seeing here cuz it literally moves about as much as a 6x9 does 98 honda civic hx build in process have need sundown x-12 d4 more sound deadening sundown saz1500d v2 alternator (mechman) sky high 1/0 w/ big 3 false walls and fiberglassing amp rack (half done) and box processor kicker zx 200.4 (mids/highs) infinity reference components trunk lid rear deck and rear quarter panels deadened kinetic hc1400 under the hood (picking up 2 more late Jan early feb) check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wF0CV2NaX4 November 9th, 2013 metered 140.3 at Midwest audio &detailing sealed on dash w/ termlab (w/ old alpine amp, new amp yet to be metered)
ncochran Posted April 17, 2013 Report Posted April 17, 2013 Pos to pos neg to neg I know these e8v3s are beefy but 200w should move it more Ive heard the hifonics brz1200.1d is kinda popular but would 600w be a lil much since its only had about 1 or 2 hours of play ? From my experience, 600W will not hurt that sub. I am running 3 e8v3 subs on a brz2100 (1.3 ohm load) so with voltage drop and everything, I would estimate I am getting 1500ish watts (very rough estimate) to them. They are eating that up and begging for more. I have yet to even remotely smell a hint of voice coil burning, and I have checked while they are running hard for extended periods. I haven't set my gains with dd-1 yet but I am almost certain I have room to turn the amp up based on the voltages listed on the gain knob of the amp. My inputs are a little over 2V and I have the amp gain set about where 4v would be. So if I understand things correctly, once I get set up with the dd-1 my gain will likely be set closer to the 2v mark to match the inputs. I also haven't used dd-1 on my head unit so I may have some room to turn the volume up as well. I currently am operating on the 75% rule (which we all know is more of a suggestion than a rule.) So I view 30 (out of 40) as my full tilt volume setting for now. Anyway to get back on topic, if you are legit running 200W to that sub and it isn't moving at all, something seems wrong. Maybe set with wrong track on dd-1, maybe amp isn't really putting out 200W.. no idea but something seems off there. I don't think it will pound like you want it to with that low power, but it should be moving. I would start by checking all connections, then clamping it to see what you are really putting out. 2006 Scion xB 2 Sundown SA12D2 Ported at 32hz 147 on non termlab (140-142 on TL) Currently in a walled 4th @ 50hz (not metered yet) Hifonics brz2100 Alpine Type-S Components Kicker 300.2 Big 3 / Skyhigh 1/0 cca Optima Blue Top 3 e8s ported at 32hz 135.1 sealed on dash @ 56hz 135.0 outlaw (I must have chosen song poorly lol) Build log 'Brandon15zzz', on 09 May 2012 - 3:13 PM, said: May have been clipping but none fucks were givin.
sundownz Posted April 18, 2013 Report Posted April 18, 2013 The E8 can use a good bit of break-in ; the spider is equal to the SA-8 v1.5 so it's fairly stiff. You may do well do play 20 Hz on it at high throw for a bit. - Jacob Fuller - Owner, Sundown Audio - Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK - Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]
Skullz Posted April 18, 2013 Report Posted April 18, 2013 Agree with jacob, just beat the snot out of it for a bit and it should get louder before too long and the more it breaks in the louder and better it will sound. I had a pair of 10's that took a week to get any kind of thump from them and once they broke in they pound very well on the little bit of power i have now. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.