Should I even attempt to compete?

AZaudio

Thinking about joining the amateur division for Spring Blast on Bell in Phoenix, AZ hosted by Mecca. I have a DD9512 in a ported box tuned to 32hz in 3.5cu on an AQ2200 with one XS power d6500 up front with big 3, my mids and highs still decent. Should I join or would this be a waste of 25$? I mostly just want to check out other systems, but if I have a chance then why not.

[*]DC Neo 15"

[*]Digital Designs M3a

[*]Audioque Super Tweets

[*]SoundQubed 6.5" Mids

[*]All Knukonceptz 1/0 w/ Big 3

[*]XS Power D6500

[*]Pioneer DEH-80PRS

honestly, there are so many classes, you can find one you will do well in. Just ask whoever is doing the judging/metering what you fit in.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

don't be a sissy :D just compete and see how you do

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

Compete. View it like this: you are paying $25 to help pay for everything. Like a tax of sorts. You are helping to pay the judges, the equipment, and anything else like the person who is hosting the event. Besides, it's fun even if you don't win

If you just want to check out other systems then go and hang out. If I had your set up I would compete though. I watched a guy with a single 9512 and a m1c on stock electrical crush everybody in the two classes he was in. Compete or not ......you should go.

BMW 325i Kenwood KVT-647DVD

re xxx components

re 6.5 FR's

2 RE XXX 12's

2 US amps MD3D's

2 batcap 4k's

snow is right......win or loose its still fun. My first time in the lanes I put up a 137 db. I lost to a pair of alpine type errrrr's in a prefab. Instead of getting flamed I had a bunch of kick ass people trying to help. Great place to learn. Ask lots of questions.

BMW 325i Kenwood KVT-647DVD

re xxx components

re 6.5 FR's

2 RE XXX 12's

2 US amps MD3D's

2 batcap 4k's

Ill be there to support you, I'm going to the comp. I say go for it and enter. Meca is cone area fusing, so it depends on what you're fused at for the class you'll be in. Let's hope it's better than the IASCA event from a couple weeks ago. The TL is completely junk he was using, like 5-7 DBs off....

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I'll be there also. I might even be crazy enough just to see how loud my Z is on a single 10" and 200w.

its worth the $25 to do it once or twice even if you dont plan on competing for points. I have been to a few events just to test the truck and see what other people are running. my truck is by no means set up specifically for competitions but it still hangs in there and it seems like there are enough class's that most people end up with a trophy so my vote is give it a run. And its a rare situation where everyone there loves loud stereos so you wont get yelled at for doing a demo like most places i go lol

Archived