Today I lost my best friend. Prettyboy this day is for you!

My family pet of 10 years is gone but not forgotten. I want to tell you a little bit about him, the day we first met I was working on a car for some people in the neighbor hood where I grew up in Detroit. He was chained up in the backyard, it was obvious they were fighting him as he was bleeding from several places and he had duck tape on his mouth and was chained up. The guy who's car I was working on had a cast on his arm, he had told me that the dog turned on him and bit his wrist and broke it. So they were torturing the dog by not feeding it and they would tape it up and let other pitbulls attack it while he had no fighting chance as he was tapped up. I was so mad I could hardly work on this guys car, but I did, and finished. While I was there working they were talking about how they were going to the club that night and would be gone. I thought about this and I had no choice after thought, I went there at night knowing they would be gone, I went with my bolt cutters and snuck in the back yard and cut the chain, and left with him. The next day I wanted to take him to the vet but I figured if I did they would accuse me of fighting him, so I had to get him help. I ended up buying some penicillin from the streets and injecting his wounds with it, after a few days maggots came out and then the wounds closed up after time. He didn't get along with the rest of my dogs so he lived in my car for like 6 months until I moved into my own place. He was the nicest, loyal dog I have ever had, he would be around my son and was so careful not to hurt him when he was a baby, you would never think a dog who has had such a brutal life could be so kind. After 2 or so years he ended up getting along with a cat, and 2 other dogs, and they would hardly be seen without each other.

I am sorry this story is a bit jacked up, I know I could have done better, and mentioned so many many more events in our lives together but hopefully this will give everyone the chance to see how our pets are really extended family members.

RIP Prettyboy

201014_181499551895611_5397087_o.jpg

UBL (Uninterrupted Build Log) - CLICK HERE

-----------------------------------------------------

# Deck: KDC-BT555U #

# Amp - Mids/High: PPI MOS-50 #

# Amp - Subs: Hifonics 1100.1D #

# Wire: 4awg 120Amp Fuse #

# F - Mid/High: RE Audio RE6.5C #

# R - Mid/High: RE Audio RE5x7FR #

# Subs: 2x12" Kicker CVR #

Sorry for your loss, pits are very misunderstood dog. I even had to pay a $150 "aggressive breed" fee when moving into my house along with a extra $10 every month to keep him.

I agree wish more people understood how pits are so misunderstood.

That's so sad man. Sorry for your loss :(

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

Man that's sad, sorry for you lost sir. Pet are just like family, well they are family. I had an English bulldog for 14 years and when he died he took part of me with him. Your are a great person saving him and giving him a good life . Sorry dude for your lost. Damn man this hits me hard. I loves animals. What a story you have man. I have a soft place for pits bulls they're miss judged all day long . Great dogs.. People don't if your think I'm crazy. Dude you are in my prayer don't got to know you to feel this pain I walk in these shoes so many times.

Thanks everyone for the replies, I figured I would share one more thing about him, his name was Prettyboy because when I first rescued him he was all cut/scarred up and was in all honesty pretty ugly. So my friends and I just started calling him Prettyboy. The picture here is after I had him a few years and he put on 50lbs, he was 40lbs at the time of rescue and 90lbs after he was healthy. The people who I took him from found out I did it and eventually I ended up moving to Berkly and it blew over, eventually they caught up with me and after a short battle I ended up giving the owner 300$ for him and that was that. best 300$ I ever spent!

Sorry for your loss man. You saved that dog and gave him 10 years he would of never had. I wouldn't have handled it as smoothly as you did but you did the right thing and sorry again man its sad that dog would died without you.

It's like rubbing your wiener up against a sheep.

Archived